5

So Eren, what's your favourite colour?"

"My favourite colour...? Green, I guess?"

"Is it because your eyes are green?"

"I don't know. Maybe?"

"Okay then, what's you favourite food?"

"Ms. Destiny, I don't kn-"

"Will you both please get out of my office?"

Eren and you looked up to see an angry pissed Levi. Ofcourse you were now immune to all of his glares now, but poor Eren looked like he was about to shit his pants.

He immediately stood up, saluted and left the room. Levi's eyes then landed on you, and raised a brow in annoyance.

"Follow the kid, Destiny", Levi ordered and went back to his work.

"But whyyyy?", You whined and draped your legs on the chair Eren was previously sitting at.

Levi's eyes landed on your dirty boots messing the chair up. "Get your shoes off the chair, Desti-"

"Ugghhhhh", you groaned loudly cutting the short man off.

He looked more annoyed then before. "What?", He asked sharply.

"Will you please stop calling me Destiny? I have a name you know?", You complained.

"I know you have a name, but we're strictly business acquaintances and addressing eachother with first name basis is unprofessional and distracting. We are not here to make friends, we're here to work", Levi said with not an ounce of emotion in his words.

Ouch.

Staring quietly at the man in front of you, you felt your heart hurt in pain. Frowning, you looked at the ground under you.

"Then what about all the time we spent for the past ten years?", You asked him. You weren't even sure if your voice was loud enough for him to hear, because it was barely a whisper.

Fiddling with your fingers, you could here the sound of pen scratching parchment. You looked up to see Levi concentrating hard on his work, and then it hit.

He probably doesn't even want me to be around.

You stood up from your chair and walked away without a word, but you could feel a pair of eyes burning into your back.

*

Nightime had come around, and it was time for dinner. Throughout the day, you felt sick. Not feverish sick, but sad sick. What Levi said really hurt you, and him not stopping you before you walked away hurt you more.

You wouldn't call yourself a sensitive person, but you and Levi had genuinely gone through so much together that the word 'friends' couldn't describe the relationship you two held.

The both of you knew eachother very well, even though you hadn't ever spoken too much about your emotions to eachother. You both had understood the other so well that a change in reaction made the other know the entire mood they held.

This wasn't just a friendship of a month or two, it was a friendship of 10 years.

The trust you had built with eachother was so solid that you could be on two opposite sides of the world and know that the other would be doing what they thought they were doing.

And now we're just strictly business acquaintances?

How pathetic.

You entered the cafeteria alone, and noticed Levi talking to Petra about who knows what. You passed their table without saying a word and went to grab your food.