18

The day that followed was pretty fun if you had to confess, and so you found yourself sitting beside Erwin for dinner after you parted your way from the trio.

"You seemed to have fun today", Erwin looked down at your figure happily munching on your food.

You nodded with a smile. "Thanks for the break, Erwin. It really helped", through your muffled words from chewing, you wanted to show how thankful you were so you hugged him which he greatly returned.

  A cough from Hange interrupted your moment and you had to break away from the commander before anyone had other thoughts about you. Hange then turned to look at the couple, who sat beside eachother and ate their food in harmony. "So tell me, Selena, when had this all started?", Their question seemed to get the entire tables attention and so you were staring Selena down with your own curiosity.

  An embarrassed giggle erupted from her and she scratched the back of her neck. "Levi and I have been dating for the past month".

  Hange almost stood up from the seat if it wasn't for Moblit settling them down. "A month?!? Wow.... Levi sure is a sneaky bastard", their voice was loud enough for Levi to cringe at them.

  But as soon as they said it, they frowned to themself. "Then if it was for a month, you guys aren't really that high on being affectionate, right?", They looked around the table to get a few nods of agreement.

This seemed to make Selena nervous as she glanced to Levi, a glint of urgency in her gaze that intrigued you into their silent conversation. "W-well you see... You know how Levi is right? He doesn't show much physical affection so fast", they laughed and Hange nodded.

"Well... I hope he loosens up to you fast!", They cheered them on.

  Okay, so now you were definitely confused about the whole situation. One thing from being Levi's friend for a decade is that he definitely shows his affection outwardly for people he really cares about, and then why would his girlfriend be an exception?

  Erwin nudged my side and you looked at him skeptically. He leaned down to your ear and softly whispered. "I know you're having doubts about that, but don't show it on your face", his voice gently pooled into you and you didn't even realise the frown your face held till he pointed it out. Shaking your head, you let an emotionless facade on and continued eating your food.

"Another question!!", Hange suddenly started and pointed at Levi. "And it's for you, shorty! How did you find this beautiful lady attractive in your eyes, seeing how you're the most grumpy man I've ever known", They laughed to themself and then looked hopefully at him.

"Yes, Levi. Even I'm curious of how you decided to let your heart be stolen by someone finally", Erwin leaned front on the table and looked at Levi with a curious glance.

"Tch", was Levi's response until Hange whined for him to give an answer. "Shut up, Hange. I just saw her training one day, and the way she worked really made me interested in her. She also keeps herself clean, unlike other people here." He gave a pointed look to Hange who just laughed it off.

"So her strength was what attracted you to her?"

  Levi shrugged. "I suppose that's how it is. Now please, go back to eating and stop asking me about my personal life".

  And with that, everyone held their own personal conversation and you sat deep in thought with yourself. Selena was strong, but so were you. Selena was clean, but so were you. Then what did you lack? Was it beauty, because you could get up any day and accept that Selena was ten times more beautiful than you could ever be. Or was it height? You were clearly way taller than Levi, but Selena just reached till his chest, making her a perfect size for Levi to be with.