Madison - CHAPTER 44

Madison and Macie were getting ready to go out for the night. Well, really they were going out for Macie's surprise engagement and engagement party. They were both wearing white. Madison couldn't convince her do wear it alone, because 'Well if I drop a drink on my dress and you do too then we'll both be embarrassed'. Madison had no out with that one, because that had happened before. 

"Are you excited for tonight?" Macie asks her. 

"Of course. We haven't gone out in so long. Shame the guys couldn't join us." Madison says to try and deceive her somehow.

Macie shrugs. "Girls night has been needed for a while anyway."

On the other side of town, Cameron was on the phone with Madison's dad. "So, I have a feeling I know why you're calling me today." 

Cameron smiles although he's nervous. "Yeah, uhm." He takes in a deep breath. "Yeah. I was calling to ask if I can have your blessing to ask Madison to marry me?" 

"Of course." He responds so excited. "You have no idea how happy that makes my wife and I."

Cameron laughs in relief and surprise. "Your wife as well?" 

"You grew on me." She says far into the background.

"That's good to hear." 

"When are you proposing?" 

"Tonight actually." He answers. "Madison thinks it's Macie's engagement. I asked her to play along. Her and Aaron have been engaged for a while already." 

"Well, good luck! And tell Madison to call us as soon as she can."

"Thank you." Cameron says honestly. They both hang up just in time for Aaron to walk into the room.

They're both dressed formally since they plan to have the engagement party right after. After what happened a few weeks ago back in Toronto with Madison, Cameron just knew she was it for him. Not Haven, not Canada, not Nashville, not his career. It was just Madison and all her being. "You ready to go?" Aaron asks him. 

Cameron nods. The nerves settle in again so he isn't able to speak, because he thinks that if he does, he's going to throw up. 

"This isn't the way to broadway." Madison points out in the uber. 

Macie looks around. "Really? hm, maybe there's construction or something." She shrugs. 

"Oh, maybe." Madison says, but something smells fishy. Macie is suspiciously quiet which she never is. "I don't remember seeing any announcements though."

"Maybe you didn't see them this time." Okay. That adds up. Wait, no, it doesn't. 

"Why are we heading to the house?" Macie doesn't answer so Madison starts to get nervous. 

Once they get there, Macie shoos her out of the uber and makes her go inside. When Macie opens the door she stops on her tracks, stops breathing and her eyes are going everywhere.

The living room is dim, and her favourite candle is lit everywhere - Cameron had bought it multiple times - and the table had champagne glasses filled with sprite and the fanciest poutine she's ever seen (but really Cameron just bought her favourite and put it on a plate).

And Cameron was also standing there, in a navy blue suit. She slowly walks in. "Hi?" She says unsure. 

"Hey." He smiles.

"What's going on?" 

"I think you know." He answers. Their hearts were racing and he slowly got down on one knee. They were so concentrated with each other, neither of them realised the photographer was already in the room. "Madison."

"Cameron." She says unsure, still. But the excitement started to creep in.

He takes a deep breath. "I don't think I've ever been this nervous in my life, and I've done this before." He jokes and they both laugh. "but this time it's different. Madison, you spun my world around in the best way, and I hope it keeps spinning forever." He pauses to take out a small ring box and opens it.

Without thinking twice, Madison gasps. She never thought she'd gasp like those girls in proposal videos, but she did. "Will you marry me?"

Madison smiles like a little girl when she's gifted her birthday presents. "Yes, of course I will. A million times over and over." 

He hugs her and spins her around making her laugh again. He puts her down and kisses her and there's a sense of relief. "I'm so happy." He says against her lips. "I'm marrying you."

"I'm marrying you." She says back. He pulls back and puts on the ring. It's a gold band with an oval shaped Dimond. Not too big but also not too small. Madison's favourite. "You really fooled me."

"It was easy since you couldn't remember Macie and Aaron are already engaged." He teases. "They helped though."

Madison's eyes go wide. "Oh my god, you're right."

He laughs again. "Do you want to eat?"

She nods. "Of course."

They sit and eat and talk and kiss. 

Madison has imagine moments like this as a little girl and when she was a teenager, but being with Anthony and guys like him shot that dream shut. Even with Cameron, she loved him but sometimes she didn't see the big white wedding and the wedding bands on their hands.

But here they are.

Cameron felt like he finally got it right. The missing piece of the puzzle finally appeared. He knows that married or not he got his happy ending, but he wants to marry her. He wants to call her his wife. There's no stopping him. 

"I have one more surprise for you." He admits, smirking.

Madison raises an eyebrow. "What did you do?"

Cameron gets up and walks into another room. "I know you said no kids but..." He pauses when he walks back into the living with a small golden doodle in his arms. "I couldn't help myself."

Madison runs to go grab the dog. "You didn't."

"Yes, I did."

"Cameron!"

"We can bring-"

"No." She stops him from finishing the sentence. "What's his or her name?"

"Daisy."

She looks up at Cameron. "That's my middle name."

"I know."

"You named her after me?" 

He nods. "You can name our next dog after me." He jokes and she rolls her eyes. 

Little did they know she actually did do that.

"We have to go to the party before people start thinking you said no." Cameron reminds her.

"Let's go." Madisons says. "Daisy is coming."

 IN THE FUTURE: Cameron ends up retiring early and the four of them - Cameron, Madison, Daisy and Tucker - don't end up where they planned years before. They now live in Florida near Wade, Sophia, and Macie and Aaron who are about to have their first set of twins after having 2 daughters. Madison has opened multiple art galleries around North America and loves being her friend's kids aunt. Cameron coaches college hockey along with Wade and his old teammates. Although this books comes to an early end, I think their story is extremely special and couldn't have had a better ending.

I can provide extra chapters, and you can ask me any questions, but the ice series isn't done just yet...

THE END