Madison - CHAPTER 39

It's the next morning and Madison wakes up, puts on her underwear and one of Cameron's shirts and yaws down the hallway to the dining table where he was sitting, eating breakfast.

She pulls the chair besides him and sits on it crossed legged, facing him. "Good morning." He says. "Thought you'd wake up later." He adds.

"It's 1 pm." She says looking at his watch.

"I know."

The both laugh. "What time is the dinner?" She asks him as she attempts to pull him closer to her and she just ends up sitting on his lap with his arms around her.

"6pm, but we can get there at 7pm." He answers.

"No, no. We are getting there in time, okay? We need to prove your coach and everyone else that you deserve to be here and as much respect as everyone else."

Cameron smiles and Madison raises an eyebrow confused. "What?"

"You would've backed out of this when I met you." He reminds her. "I'm proud of you."

Madison blushes. "I have to shower." She tells him not sure how to react but her heart races.

"Okay." Cameron smiles. "Want me to make you breakfast?" He asks her as she heads to the bathroom.

"I wouldn't mind." She shouts back.

Cameron laughs and make her food. They both get ready after that and soon enough they get to the venue where the dinner is happening.

"We have to get out of the car eventually." Madison says.

"It's still 5:58." He points to the clock.

"Cameron." She opens the door. "Let's go."

"Two minutes."

"Cameron." She says more strictly. "Let's go now. The sooner we do this the sooner we'll get over this."

"Fine. Fine." He agrees. "Let's go."

The walk into the venue and it seems like everyone is there already. Someone comes up to them with glasses of wine and Cameron grabs one for each of them.

"We've got this." He says.

"Yeah." She let's out a sigh. "Think so."

"Think so?"

Madison looks around and sees these gorgeous girls in their fancy wear and these hockey guys that she doesn't know like she knew in Nashville.

She missed her boys and girls.

But they need to do this.

"Yeah. We've got this." She says.

He takes her to meet his coach and he istantly warms up to her and their relationship. His coach likes how they interact and he sees how happy he is with her. He knows that's good for the team.

"Have you seen anything in Toronto yet?" Coach asked them.

Madison blushes thinking back to earlier that morning. "I've just been sleeping in to be honest." She says. "You're keeping Cameron busy and I'm not much for visiting new places on my own."

"I'm sorry about that sweetie. Toronto does things differently." He apologizes. "I know you aren't here for long."

"I just hope Cameron is happy." Which he's getting there. "I'm okay with hanging out at the apartment."

"Well, I'm glad." Coach smiles. "I'll let you meet the other ladies now." He taps her shoulder and walks away.

Madison doesn't know what to do. Cameron seems to have found his way with the guys already and she's happy for him but she doesn't know what to do with herself.