Madison - CHAPTER 42

Madison and Macie were setting up her new studio in Toronto. It was a beautiful location downtown. Not only they would be presenting and selling paint, but they decided to give painting classes and made sure the room was comfortable for people to stay longer - and spend more.

"So, are you liking Toronto?" Macie asks.

"It's nice." Madison answers.

"What does Cameron think?"

So she wants to know about the argument. Madison hadn't told her about it. "He likes it here, too."

"Not anymore than back home?"

Madison sighs. "I'm not talking about this with you."

"You aren't talking about it with anyone." Macie points out.

"Cameron and I talked."

"Pft, barely."

"So he told you?" Madison asks. It bothers her that he did. Its supposed to be between the both of them.

"Yeah, he did. And if it makes you feel any better he's considering moving back to Nash once he retires."

No, it didn't. It wasn't what they agreed. He isn't going to do this. Madison shakes her head. "We didn't agree on that."

"Yeah well Cameron would do anything to make you happy."

"And you think I wouldn't?"

"You've been to our hometown once, Mads... You haven't given it the chance it deserves. Plus, Cameron loves his family, you know that. I know you want to make him happy, so try it out for him. The hockey life isn't easy for anyone, but you're making this hard for the both of you since you're both so stubborn sometimes."

She was right. Madison nodded. "I'll give it another chance."

"And you don't have to give up Nashville, you know? Just because you move doesn't mean you can't come back."

"I know. It just isn't the same." Madison sighs. "How are you and Aaron? I haven't heard from him in a while." That's a lie. She and Aaron had been planning a huge engagement for him and Macie.

"Great! He asked me for my ring size the other night." Macie says excited. "I have a feeling he'll propose soon."

"Hopefully. You guys have been together for way too long." Madison smirks.

"I know! Since high school. I know we were young the but I've dropping hints for a while. I think he has too but they could've been purely a coincidence."

They weren't a coincidence. Madison helped Aaron with the hints that they we're getting engaged. "Well hopefully he picked up on your hints."

"Yeah hopefully. What are you and Cameron doing tomorrow night? Want to get drinks with Aaron and I?"

Madison smiled. "Of course." Her phone rings as an alarm goes off. "We should be heading to the game."

Macie looks at her confused. "It's not for a few hours?"

"Yeah, I just like to get there early and grab good seats in the booth, and avoid traffic."

They both get into the car so they can start heading into the arena. "It's so weird going to a game that isn't for the Sailors." Macie says. "Especially with Aaron not playing at all."

"Oh I bet. I wasn't with y'all for that long and even then it still feels weird to wear different colors. Julia and Poppy got me the Toronto merch already. It's so cute but feels weird still. I just wear the jersey I bought."

"Yeah I hope we never get traded. I don't know what I would do without the Sailors girls. We all miss you."

Madison smirks. "I could easily break up with Cameron and move back to Music City."

Macie gasps surprised. "Don't you dear! You help make him less unbearable. I need you, Madison, I need you." They both laugh at her dramatic fake plea.

"Well if you put it that way.... I'll consider keeping him around."

They get to the arena and settle down, Madison officially introduces Poppy and Julia to Macie and they get to chatting and making friends. Madison goes down to the glass to see if Cameron sees her.

He does and he winks at her. She waves. He tries to impress her by scoring and misses. She laughs. "Nice try!" She yells.

"I was nervous!" He yells over the glass.

"Aw, I make you nervous." Madison smirks.

Cameron shakes his head with a smile. "I'm not sure how much I like this confident Madison." He teases. "She could easily get into big trouble with the big guy, you know?"

her cheeks flush red. And not because it's cold. "Don't you need to warm up?" She tells him."

"We already did. We only do this for the fans. I can talk to you for as long as I want."

Madison huffs. "Shame, I think the girls over there really wanted to see you stretch." She tells him. She slowly till her head to the side to show him who she's talking about.

"I mean you can't be too safe, right?" He smirks.

"I- Well- Cam-"

He chuckles. "I'm just teasing in you, babe. Get back up there with the girls and I'll see you later okay? Gotta go back in now."

"Okay, play safe and I love you." She reminds him.

"I love you."

When Madison gets back she needs to be updated by her friends on what they were talking about but she's slowly distracted by the game. She finally understands hockey and she just follows Cameron's jersey.

It reminds her that she'll always want conversations like the ones they had before the game, and it doesn't really matter where it is, where she lives or anything like that, just as long as nothing tears them apart.

"Hey, you wanted a sprite and fries right?" Poppy asks her snapping out of her bubble.

"Oh, yeah, thank you!" She takes the food from her with a smile and her stomach starts grumbling.

"Of course! I love that you're here by the way, the girls really needed you and Cameron here." Poppy hugs her. "You guys are fun."

"We are happy to be here too. You guys make us fun." Madison laughs.

"Oh, I doubt that." Poppy laughs.

"No, no, it's true. We would probably stay in every night if it weren't for you guys."

"Ah well, nothing wrong with a balance."

Yeah. Nothing wrong with a balance. Madison thinks.