Madison - CHAPTER 3

"I am so sorry." Cameron apologizes. "I did think you were Haven."

Madison smiles. "We all make mistakes. Congrats on the win. I would compliment the way you played but I don't know much about hockey." Madison regrets the last sentence but it makes Cameron laugh.

"Yeah, honestly I don't think that even I know what I was doing. I just do."

"I wish I could just do like you then." Anthony compliments. "I'm Anthony White by the way. This is my girlfriend, Madison Kelly. She's kinda shy. I'm not like her. You can talk to me about hockey." He explains feeling like a fangirl.

Cameron laughs again. "I'm Cameron but I'm pretty sure you know that already. Again, I'm sorry."

"You're a good man."

Macie chimes in, "Hey, we are all hanging out at Cameron's place after. Do you guys wanna come? The food will be better there."

"Thanks, Mace for inviting people to my house," Haven says annoyed. Haven gives Madison a nasty look but Madison has no idea. She keeps looking at her shoes.

"I'm just trying to make Madison comfortable. The poor girl was having a panic attack before."

Madison's eyes widen. God that's so embarrassing. No one needs to know that. "That's not true."

"Aw, hun, it's okay. We all freak out sometimes." Macie says.

Cameron notices Madison's worry. "You guys can come by another time. You guys seem fun and we are always looking for new friends."

"We'll come by tonight. Right babe?" Anthony says hugging Madison.

"I guess, yeah." She answers.

Cameron frowns mentally. He sees how she's uncomfortable but he doesn't want to intrude. "Okay, we can leave whenever management lets us."

"Awesome!" Anthony says.

"Here's my phone number," Cameron says writing down on a piece of paper and giving it to Madison. "I'll text you when we leave and our address."

Cameron gets dragged away by Haven. "Oh so now you not only apologize to her but let her come into our house?" She crosses her arms.

"First of all that was Macie's doing and you know that. Second, from the looks of it, her boyfriend wants to be at the house more than her."

Haven huffs. "I don't like her."

"Well, you have nothing to worry about. I'm married to you remember?" He reminds her while giving her a hug. "Plus, they seem nice, we could expand our friend group even though they seem kind of young."

"Hm, I guess so," Haven says against his chest. "Fine, you're right."

"Anyway, I'm glad you came, hun," Cameron tells her. "Means a lot."

"Yeah? I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

That's a lie, Haven's shoot got canceled. That's the only reason she's here because she didn't want to be bored at home. But Cameron doesn't know that.

They spend a few more hours celebrating and Madison stays at her corner, eating all the snacks and drawing in her notepad. Yup, she brought a notepad.