Madison - CHAPTER 24

"Hey, love birds." Macie smirks and hugs both of them. "Did we interrupt a hot make out session? Your cheeks are flushed." Macie whispers in Madison's ear.

"No. Haven outed me on having rent problems and she told me she still talks to Anthony."

Macie's mouth falls open. "No way." She whispers in disbelief.

Madison nods her head. "Cameron offered to help me but I won't take it so he's going to help me apartment hunt."

"Seems like you two are cozing it up already then."

"I mean I wish but I hope not. We both have stuff going on. I graduate soon, he's at his peek of his career and the person upstairs would definitely try and get in the way."

"I wouldn't let her get to you Madi. I know it's hard but don't. You and Cameron finally have a chance. Dont let her ruin it." Macie encourages her and Madison realizes shes right. "And I've seen the both of you make time for each other. I'm sure a few more months won't hurt."

"Yeah. You have a point." Madison says not wanting to give Macie all the credit but then she cracks a smile. "You have a great point."

Macie smirks. "I know."

"What about you and Aaron? You guys seem more in love than ever." Madison takes the attention off her. Macie nods and then lifts her left hand up, showing her engagement ring. "Are you serious?!"

"Yes, of course I am."

"Congrats!" Madison hugs her friend and Macie hugs back. "I'm so happy for you guys. When did this happen? I need all the details."

"Just last night actually so when we announce it outside pretend you don't know, okay? anyways, basically we went out to dinner at my favorite place but I didn't think much of it because he just usually does things like this. Then, he took me to get some drinks, again nothing unusual. After we came back home and as I was changing he lit up a bunch of candles and brought out champagne, as if he I would say yes and then he asked me and here we are."

"That's so cute! I'm so happy for you, Macie. Congrats."

Macie thanks her again and the guys invite the girls outside.

Before Madison can sit in her own chair, Cameron points her over to him and he pulls her on his lap. "Hi." He whispers.

"Hi." She whispers back.

"I'm happy you're here." He continues to whisper.

"Me too."

He kisses her cheek and gives her the sprite she asked for and conversation starts to flow. They talk about hockey which Madison learns more about. They talk about her graduation and what she plans to do next. They talk about future plans and Aaron and Macie make their official announcement and Madison keeps her promise to pretend.

More drinks are brought out to celebrate and wedding planning comes up. "Do you have anywhere in mind?" Madison asks.

"Well, I'm really good friends with Sophia Anderson who's married to Wade Anderson. They did elope but they had a celebration in this gorgeous venue in Florida and apparently they do weddings and receptions so Aaron and I are going down soon to see it."

"That's exciting!" Haven says walking in with her own drink. "Why are you looking at venues though?"

The tension builds up once again. Haven just has that effect on everyone.