Madison - CHAPTER 4

Madison woke up in the middle of the night needing a tall glass of

cold water.

So, she got up and headed to the kitchen. Opened the cabinet where she'd seen the glasses and grabbed some ice and water before sitting on the counter.

"You're up too, huh?" She hears behind her, making her jump. Cameron laughs. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's okay. I didn't expect anyone to be up." She says taking a deep breath and then Cameron comes into view. He was shirtless, just wearing some grey sweats and she could confirm that due to how low they were hanging. He didn't seem to care though.

His hair was scruffled up and it either meant he just woke up or just had sex.

"Yeah me either. I usually wake up in the middle of the night for no reason. It fucks with my sleeping." He explains, grabbing himself another glass of water.

Just woke up it is.

"Yeah, me too but I know it's because I had too much salty food."

Cameron laughs. "Yeah, I think that could be my problem too."

Silence falls between them.

Then Haven comes in. She hugs his waist and rubs his chest. He tenses up. "Come back to bed. You know I don't like it when you're down here for so long."

"I should go too..." Madison whispers and she excuses herself but she stops right when she knows they can't see her

To listen.

"I was just talking to her, Haven, seriously. She's a kid and I was up too."

"You're embarrassing me in front of your friends while you get more comfortable with her than with me."

"God, You know that's not true! I always show you my love for you!"

That was very true. He did.

"It sure doesn't feel like it!"

Then Madison remembers she forgot her water.

"I always stick by your side, Haven. Since day one I have. When was the last time you came to a game because you wanted to?" He asks her, crossing his arms.

"Today!"

"Bullshit. I heard you talk to your agent earlier about rescheduling your shoot and then you told Macie how you didn't want to be bored."

Caught in 4K.

Haven shuts up for a second but then comes up with the perfect comeback. "Yeah, but you haven't had sex with me in ages."

Cameron sighs and rubs his face. He was over this stupid argument "Go to sleep. Please."

Haven is so upset that she doesn't see Madison on her way upstairs. Now Madison can get her water.

She slowly walks back in and Cameron is leaning on the counter with his hands. He notices her presence. "I'm sorry you had to hear that."

"I'm sorry you have to go through that." She says boldly and they're both caught off guard.

Cameron laughs annoying. "It's not like your boyfriend is all that perfect either, Madison."

"I never said he was. You know what? Forget it. I never said anything." She says. Now she's frustrated.

He had no right to take out his anger on her.

"Good night." She says and leaves. This time she remembers her water.

...

"Good morning," Anthony tells Madison.

She'd be lying if she wasn't still mad about what happened yesterday night.

"Hi." She says quietly and then gets up. "We should get going."

"It's 7 am." He points out. "I doubt anyone is up."

"Good."

He pulls her back down. "What's going on with you?"

"Nothing. I have the stuff to do." She lies. "If you want to stay, I'll Uber."

"Yeah, I kind of do. It's rude to leave unannounced."

Madison laughs at what he said because he always leaves unannounced and embarrasses her in front of everyone.

She doesn't respond to that. She orders her uber and gets dressed while she waits.

She reaches the front door and waits outside.

"Madison?" She hears behind her. It's Macie. "Are you leaving?"

"Yeah. I have things to do." Madison lies again.

Macie notices. "Uhu.... at 7 am."

"Gym... Clean... Yeah, I do."

"Oh, you go to the gym? which one?" Macie crosses her arms. "Seriously what's going on?"

"I heard Haven and Cameron fighting last night and I called her out on her shit with Cameron and he snapped at me, so I don't want to be around him quite honestly."

Macie's mouth widens. "You did what?"

"I know, it caught me off guard too."

Macie shakes her head. "No, you don't get it. None of us have called her out. Ever. We are honestly terrified to." She laughs. "Here's my number. Please text me so you can give me more details and we can meet up for lunch!"

"Oh no, I don't-"

"Bye!"

Macie is gone but the front door opens again and it's Cameron. Yep, she saw that one coming. "You're not the only one who accidentally spies on people." He leans on the door frame

"I wasn't spying, I forgot my water and didn't want to interrupt."

"But you listened."

She ignores how he's right. But he just did the same thing so it cancels out.

"I don't want to argue with you Cameron. Quite frankly, I don't want to talk to you at all." Madison sighs.

"Look, I came to apologize. No relationship is perfect and I know that. I'm sorry, Madison. Truce?" He says holding a hand out.

She waits for a second to think about it but then shakes his hand. "Truce."

"Great! Because we are all having a dinner party next Friday. Anthony already said yes but you are invited." He says with that same haunting smile.

Madison shrugs. "Maybe."

"You have my number. Let me know."

"Maybe." She says again, and now she's the one with the devilish smile.

He laughs and heads back inside feeling better. He knows he fucked up yesterday and he needed to fix it.

"Damn man, did you just get laid?" Colton says noticing his smile.

Cameron shakes his head. "Nah."

"Then what?"

"Nothing. Just happy."

And he was being honest. He was happy. Just no idea what it was about quite honestly.