Madison - CHAPTER 26

Cameron puts down the last box in Madison's new living room. "This is the last one."

"Thank you." She says.

"When will your bed and bed frame come in?" He asks her.

"The company called me, they said sometime next week." Madison smiles. "It would suck to sleep on an inflatable for a week."

"Yeah, especially in such empty aparmtent. All alone." Cameron pulls her by her waist so their bodies are glued together. He slowly lowers his face to hers. "Who will keep you safe from intruders?"

"I don't think my baseball bat will be enough." She whispers when his lips are about to touch hers but then Aaron comes in announcing he found his inflatable bed. He also claims it ones of the best ones.

"I can set it up for you guys-" Aaron says but Cameron interrupts him.

"I got it man, thanks though. You two can go home now."

Macie smirks. "Oh, I see. Yeah, babe, let's go." Macie says pulling on Aarons arm. "Bye, you two! Have lots of fun!"

When their friends are gone they do get the bed ready, Madison orders food and he sets up the TV in the living room, where they decided to put the bed.

"Did you want the sandwich spicy?" Madison asks him. He nods, concentrated on the TV. "Okay, and the chicken has to be grilled... Okay I just ordered-" Madison finished her sentence, but she still cuts herself short when she notices Cameron took of his shirt.

It's nothing new, but it's something she's not used to boys doing around her. Especially since she likes him. And he likes her. That's something she hasn't wrapped her head around yet.

"You should take a picture, it will last longer." He flirts and then she throws a cloth at him.

She rolls her eyes. "I'm good."

He walks over to her and kneels down to the ground. Madison's heart beats quicker. He pushes one of her hair strands back. "Are you sure?"

Madison slowly nods but she holds eye contact with him.

He takes the laptop off her lap and traps her by putting both of his legs on each side of her to trap her on the floor. He grabs her face pulling her close enough where their noses brush. He can feel her breath quicken and he smiles.

"What about now?" He asks again, in a low voice that makes Madison loose all track of thought. Cameron knows what he's doing and he knows she's still too nervous to make the first move. He's challenging her aswell as teasing her.

Madison would've never let this happen with Anthony. Besides basically being a prude (dispite all her romance reading), Madison never felt like it was right to do it with her ex.

Cameron makes her skin jump. She wants to be around him. Needs to be around him. Or on him. Either one works.

He closes her eyes with his finger and presses their lips together-

"CAMERON!" Someone yells from outside the door and knocks none stop. Cameron wonders how Haven got his location while Madison whispers,

"What a cockblock." since she's not even surprised Haven found it.

Cameron shakes his head. His hard-on turned into a headache. He pulls his shirt on and opens the door. "Good, you guys aren't busy." Haven said walking inside.

"How the hell did you know where I am?" Cameron asks. He crosses his arms waiting for an answer.

"Easy. Macie posted the view of the aparmtent on her story." Haven says as if that's not creepy. "The house started beeping and I couldn't find a way to make it stop."

"And you couldn't call? Or text?" Cameron says annoyed.

"Well I just wanted to get anyway and go downtown." Haven lies. And they all know she is. "So, can you fix it tonight?"

"No, I can't. I'm spending the night here." He says in a duh tone. "And you won't get me to drive all the way over there."

Haven rolls her eyes. "It's the least you could do after everything you put me through."

Cameron is about to loose his mind. Madison notices. "Babe, can you make sure the heat is working? It's kind of cold in here." Madison says getting up. It wasn't cold though. Not to her.

"Yeah. Yeah you're right." Cameron whispers. You can hear everything he's holding back. Though being over Haven, some things still sting. Especially lies.

"I was talking to him, you know?" Haven huffs. "I can't even discuss house problems with him?"

"I don't appreciate you lying, Haven. Cameron gets alerts if anything happens into the house, and downtown is extremely dead on a tuesday night. If there was a problem, you knew you could've called him and he wouldn't have mind fixing it. You know he would've." Madison says. "I know you don't like me, and that's fair. I don't need you to like me either. I'm just asking you to leave us alone. At least Cameron."

"Fine. But I'm going to make the next five months unbareable for you, Madison. And everytime you come to Canada. I hope you know that." Haven doesn't wait for a responds even though Madison didn't have one.

Cameron comes out and when Madison turns to face him she wants to apologize but he just kisses her. Kisses her so intensely. It's a kiss filled with relief, desperation and safety. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." He puts his forehead on hers.

She pulls away confused. "Why are you thanking me? I did this, I-"

"No. No, you didn't. I asked you to. I was in first, remember? You were the one that even broke up with that jackass before actually doing something. I didn't. Okay?" He reassures.

Madison shakes her head. "It takes two, Cameron. Sure we both needed a wake up call and I'm obviously glad you guys aren't together but we can't deny that she has reason to be upset."

Cameron knows she's right, but it still feels wrong to blame her. He nods, agreeinf with her, but also indicating he doesn't want to talk about it. Especially since there was no fixing it now. Not that there was anything they needed to fix.

"You still had my back. I really appreciate that."

Madison rubs his cheek. "Of course. That's what I'm supposed to do. That kind of killed the mood, huh?" Madison laughs.

"So you agree there was a mood?" Cameron smirks.

Madison looks at her phone. "Would you look at that! The food is here."

---

i wanted to do a PSA: i do not condemn cheating of ANY KIND. This is just a story with the "we are meant to be together", "forbidden" and "we can go against all odds" trope. With this sad, in the right book at the right time I don't mind cheating because it isn't real.