1 - Taylor

Dedicating to @teamdanielalltheway because they were the first person to add this story to their reading list.

XXXXXXXX

Taylor

It wasn't fair.

Having to start at a new school, in Lima of all places, like everyone was trying to make my life a living hell. Why did my Grandma think that moving to the place of hell was going to be good for me? Being here in Lima...it just wouldn't be good for me. I know that New York wasn't exactly a easy living city for me at the moment given recent events, but Lima wasn't much better. I had roots and history in Lima that I cared not to re-hash. Especially not at William McKinley High School.

I stood outside the gates of McKinley, staring in disgust. I was wearing my usual oversized camo, black skinny jeans, black Spongebob crop top so I could show off my flat stomach and my black Doc Marten boots. I had actually straightened my hair for once so that it look semi-tidy for my first day, not that I care what anyone thinks about me. I had a little eye liner on and some lip gloss, girls who cake themselves in makeup just looked tacky to me.

"Have a great day honey" my Grandma shouted from her car with the window rolled down. I rolled my eyes and decided to storm off without a reply. If she was making me move out here to Lima, then I wasn't going to talk to my Grandma.

Of course though I had absolutely no idea where I was going. And had no clue why the hell some creeper looking kid was following people around with a cameron, and frankly I didn't want to know and didn't care. "God this town is full of wackos" I hissed to no one in particular.

"Oh come on now. It's not that bad. You just have to have the right person to show you around and introduce you to everyone" a deep voice laughed from behind me. I almost certainly recognised that voice. I could find it dead in a crowd.

I smiled and turned around to see my childhood best friend Jake Puckerman leant against the lockers behind me. "Well well if it isn't Jake Puckerman. I thought that you were too cool for school" I laughed. I welcomed him with a hug, a bro hug more like because we only patted each other on the back before pulling away.

"I am too cool for school. What's your excuse? I thought you like moved to New York or something" Jake laughed. I was surprised to see him laughing and smiling with me to be honest. Especially with how we left things before I headed to New York.

"I did, but my Grandma brought us back here. She knew my bad history here in Lima and she specifically chose to bring us back here" I complained. And I wasn't just talking about my bad history with Jake. But my bad history with everyone around Lima.

"Well it is your home and I'm glad you're back. Regardless of what happened between us" Jake mentioned followed by an awkward shift. We started walking down the hallway to God knows where.

"Listen about what happened-" I began. I hadn't exactly handled what happened between me and Jake very well. After what had happened between us, I moved to New York without even telling him. Regardless if we were like twelve when it happened, and I didn't really know right from wrong then.

"-Hey don't worry about it. I'm sure that we've both moved on from what happened back then" Jake pointed out. That was total bullshit. If his jaw clenched anymore it would split open. Maybe the possibility of us being friends again wouldn't be as easy as I thought.

"Yeah okay then. Do you have any idea where the reception desk is? I still have to pick up my timetable yet" I inquired airily. Hopefully trying to move on past the awkwardness that was this conversation.

"Urm...I would show you but I have glee club auditions" Jake announced. Hol' up? Did he just say Glee club? As in singing? As in Jake Puckerman jumping around singing? I could stop myself from snorting with laughter.