twenty-nine

-Thank you for loving me, Sim Jake

Goodbye..."

Jake immediately woke up as the dream he had whispering to him felt so real. He sat up properly from his sleep position and lay his eyes on Aein, who was sleeping calmly.

Checking the heart monitor of Aein beside him, he let out a relief sigh as it still beating normally. Tighten his grip on Aein's hand and try to calm himself from panicking by the dream he had.

He knew the consequences he put himself to, but he wasn't ready to face that fate yet. He didn't know what he would do if one day she decided to leave him. He is scared for death to virgously think about it.

Staring at her, his heart sank deeply.

That moment, he realised how much he loved her more than anything that goodbyes didn't sit right to him. He can't seem to let her go. Not yet for now.

Adoring every feature of her, even if she's sleeping, she's the most beautiful woman he has seen.

Beautiful Nam Aein.

Sim Aein.

"Jake.."

Aein suddenly awake, as she felt like somebody watching her sleeping. As she realised it was Jake, who's awake.

"What time is it?" She asked and was about to sit up, but Jake told her to lay down still instead.

"It's around 3 Am. Why?"

"Nothing, just why are you awake? you were asleep earlier?" She said, and Jake smiled, shaking his head slightly.

"Oh–"

I had a bad dream.

Nothing. I just feel hungry out of sudden"

Of course. Hiding the true fact would be better than telling the truth to her. Jake didn't want to tell Aein about the dream as it would make her feel bad. He didn't want her to feel like everything was her fault. Being sick is a normal nature that unexpectedly comes, but Aein will blame herself or the fate.

Which, he didn't want that.

"Oh, is there any food available here at this time?" Jake asked and Aein chuckled.

"Hospital's canteen is probably close at this time and it wasn't a good food either if it did open. But there's a 24-hour convenience store down there, beside the hospital, I'm sure you can find kimbap or ramyeon there."