two

The alarm from her phone started to ring at 7 sharp in the morning

The alarm from her phone started to ring at 7 sharp in the morning. She opens her eyes and stares at the ceiling for a good 2 seconds before she turns the alarm off by sliding the certain icon on her phone.

She sits up and does a little wake-up stretch before her eyes set on the hanged graduation gowns in front of her, which is perfectly ironed.

She smiles sadly, knowing that today is the graduation day. She got mixed feelings between happy and melancholy. But she told herself that this was only the start of her journey and that she had more to see ahead.

She just finished her studying in a mere college with a medical course, where possibly she could go next? As a busy woman she is, she wanted to continue her studies by taking a medical school.

She wants to be a doctor.

Getting ready for the day, she hopped onto her shower and took a long-refreshing shower. Soon, she decided to wear a cute white dress that was perfect for the graduation theme. It was below knee-length.

After that, she wore her graduation gown and hat. She admires herself in front of the mirror in her room and smiles once everything is set. She does a little poses and even practises her smile to look good in the pictures later.

She ordered an Uber to drive her today to the academy. Once she had arrived, she went straight to the one and only Song Jihye.

"Waaa Aein is so pretty today!!" Jihye complimented Aein the second she saw her coming.

Aein did a little swirl by the compliment Jihye gave and chuckled afterwards, "Thank you, Emma dear."

Emma was Jihye's english name, "Yea, I don't want you to call me that."

Aein smiled, "Okay, Ems, I won't."

"Ems, Emma, or whatever, don't. You only deserve to call me Jihye, " Jihye stated, and Aein laughed,

"Fine, I stop,"

"Now that's my Honeybunch." With that, Jihye hugs Aein,

Aein scrunched her face by the name Honeybunch as it cringes her. Nevertheless, she hugs Jihye back.

"I can't believe we are graduating,"

"I can't believe it either, but we still have a long journey to go,"

"Yeah, medical school took like 3-4 years. So both of us probably graduate again at the age of 26-27"

"Yet, to be a licence doctor took another 3 years of internship and residency,"

"We start our career at either 29 or 30" Jihye gasped,

"Yea, we are old by that time,"

"The time surely flies so fast then what we think. We are so close to the age of 30 ... Do you think we have time to find love?" ask Jihye out of the blue.

"Well, if we are meant to find love, it will naturally come to us. But despite being hella busy, i think it'll be hard to focus on 2 things at once, " said Aein.

Jihye pouted, "Then I'll be single for the rest on my life"

Aein patted Jihye's shoulder, "If you meant to find love, it'll come to you. Just wait patiently."

After so, the ceremony started, wherein the professors and the principal decided to give a speech to the students. Then, it was the moment to hand out the certificate and honour to every student for graduating today.

Until it was the student's representative time to give out speech. Not the professors nor the one who held the ceremony did actually mention the representative in the graduation trial yesterday, but then today, there was a sudden speech from the student.

"Nam Aein, the top student will be the student's representative as it shows her recent GPA is the perfect 4.00. Nam Aein shows a very good behaviour and attitude during her times here and never once disappoint anyone. Please step ahead and give out a good farewell speech"

Jihye looked at Aein and elbowed her.

"I'm so proud of you girl!! Now go slay your speech,"

"That's so sudden! I don't know what to say" Aein said, but Jihye pushed her anyway.

Aein couldn't say anything, but it was a bit too cliché for this. She just smiles and makes her way to the stage, she look around the crowd and her heartbeat raised.

As an introvert, she dislikes attention. But now all eyes were on her, it feels like she could pass out in any minutes now, but somehow there's confidence deep inside her inner-self.

"Hi everyone, my name is Nam Aein or by the name you all used to call me, Honey. I can't believe that today we are finally graduating, it's like a dream to most of us. But let me tell you all, this was only the first step.

Our journey is still long ahead to go. Which is, we should be happy with these little improvements we made today. Our chapters don't end here, but yet it just started,

It won't end until you achieve your actual dream! It could take days, weeks, months, and even years to your journey ahead. But I'm telling you, I am proud of us all here today," She said, then she continued,

"Do you know that life can be heavy, especially if you try to carry it all at once? That's why, throughout our hard work, it is okay to take a rest. i, myself, never take a rest before. I'm so used to studying so hard that i miss a lot. I missed looking around my surroundings and how beautiful it was."

"It teaches me how every little thing actually matters!"

She then stopped talking for a second, thinking what it had to say next that she suddenly out of words.

“Uhh .. and hard things will happen to us. But we will recover, we will learn from it, and we will grow more resilient from it."

"And as long as we are fortunate enough to be breathing, we will breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out. And since I want to be a doctor, i know how breathing works."

"Since it's the start of our journey, I want you all to do things you all love most and are very passionate about. Don't let others criticism let you down, or don't ever let someone dream on top while yours were deep buried. If you want it, go for it !"

"Hence, I’m the one who’s up here, so you have to listen to me when I say this: never be ashamed of trying. You all hear me? If you like singing, then go or it. Dancing? my dear, just go and fight for it!!"

"That's all from me. Have a good day, everyone."

"Nam Aein, signing off."

Everyone then clasps their hands.

"WOOOHOO, THAT'S MY GIRL!" shouted Jihye from afar.