twenty-two

Jake, on the other hand, was looking at his phone most of the free times he had waiting for that certain someone to text him

"Oh lord."

"She really did take my words seriously."

He said to himself. Feeling unbelievable.

For Aein, who was ill in lovesickness, Jake felt the same. Although they didn't know each other that much, Jake misses her just like how she misses him.

"You know what? let me text her, I need to know her update, at least." Jake said to himself again, as he was alone in his office.

"No. I should have called instead."

"But what if she's busy?"

"I promise to myself not to interfere with her work."

"But, I want to hear her voice."

"Let me just give her a miss call to let her know I call her in case she's busy or having to perform surgery right now." He nodded to himself and smiled alone,

As he dialled her number, the call was picked up instead.

"Jake?" It was her voice. Aein's voice.

Jake heartbeat raised and beat faster. Suddenly feeling so nervous, anxious yet excited hearing her voice.

"Hello, my love,"

"How are you?"

He asked,

"I'm doing great. How about you?"

"I'm not doing great as you because I miss you so much, and it kills me here." Jake complained to her, like a little kid.

Aein chuckled, "I miss you too." She said, and it beams a wide smile on Jake's lips.

"How's life? Anything fun happen?" He asked,

"It's all the same routine, nothing fun. What about you? I thought you were busy?" She said,

"I am. but I can take a few minutes for you, I could even make hours too as I miss you so much."

She chuckled.

Oh, how I miss her voice.

"You should go back and do your job, love."

SHE CALLED ME LOVE. I REPEAT. LOVE.

IM GOING TO EXPLODE AS BEING TOO IN LOVE RIGHT NOW.

"But I want to talk with you."

"We can talk more once you're back, Jake."

"Awh, don't call me Jake. Call me love like you did earlier."

"Alright, love."

HDBSBSSHSJHEJSGSH

I LOVE HER.

"I can't wait to meet you."

"me too-

Suddenly, Aein cough.

"Love? are you okay?"

"Im-

*cough cough.

"Love?? you're worrying me?"

Aein laughed. "I'm alright, don't worry."

"Are you sure????"

"I'm fine. Can I get back to my work now? i bet you should, too." She said, wanting to end the call.

Jake bit his lips as he didn't feel good about it.

"Okay. Take care, sweetheart."

"mhmm, you too, my love." The call ended.

If only Jake knew that she had coughed up blood and went to vomit just as soon as she ended the call. Her state was really bad, to the critical point.

Only if Aein knows Jake had scheduled his meetings to other times and rejects some work proposals just to book a flight ticket to Korea right away.

To be named, he booked a private jet.

He had these feelings where it worried him. Something is wrong, and he had to go back to see his girl. He won't sit still or be calm if he hasn't seen her yet. Judging by her cough, she seems to be sick.

He wants confirmation, or else he can't stop worrying.

His job might be important, but Aein is his future responsibility, so he needed to make sure she's really okay, just like how she told him.

He doesn't want her to lie.

"I want to be a good future partner for her, who will always be there for her and notice all the little change on her. When she lies, i have to find out the reason why she hid it from me- if it's reasonable or not, i won't ask her why, but at least i know about it."

"I don't feel okay."

"Is it soulmate things ? ayee"

"But seriously, I feel uneasy. Something is wrong."

"Nam Aein, stop worrying me."