eleven

"Are you heading home?" Jay asked while walking beside Aein

"Yeah, why?"

"Jihye already went home. Do you want me to give you a ride?" Jay asked again, Aein looked at him and smiled before nodding happily like a kid.

"Okay, let's go then,"

Aein and Jay were close like a partner in crime. People sometimes misunderstand them as a couple instead due to Aein's clingy behaviour when she's with Jay. It is just that Jay was like a little brother to him and can also be her older sister.

To Jay, Aein is like his little sister, where he wants to protect in all costs. If Aein were about to date someone, Jay would make sure she got a good partner.

Knowing Jake has feelings for her, make him happy since he knew Jake ever since they were in diapers. If Aein chooses Jake to be her lover one day, Jay would immediately agree and make no complaints about her choice.

Despite knowing Aein a lot, he also knows Jake better than anyone. Jake is a kind person. He is good at taking care of one heart and will do anything for someone he loves. When Jake tells Jay about his feelings for Aein, Jay gets really happy and excited.

He thought that Jake finally recovered from his past relationship that's ruined. Like Jay mentioned before, Jake is a kind person. Since Jake is closer to Jay, Jay knows everything about his relationship and how it went downhill.

It's not Jake fault, but it was clear that it's not the girl fault either.

"Aein, can I ask you a question?" Jay asked while his eyes were on the road, currently driving.

Aein hummed lazily, as she was a bit sleepy.

"What do you think about Jake? honest opinion,"

Aein gives it a thought before she decides on answering him, "Well, for the first impression at your small gathering party, I could say he was a gorgeous type of person."

"But then, as we talked a lot during the camp day, I found him a very fun person to be with, he was also very kind and friendly. I was amused by him. I can freely say that he is handsome too, only when i look at him in every perspectives. And if i had to choose between his looks and personality,  i chose his personality."

"His personality was what makes me close to him, and i can say I was comfortable with him too. It was fun to begin a relationship with such a bright person like him," Aein explained,

Jay hummed and nodded slightly, "I like your opinion about him,"

She grinned,

"Thank you..." Aein replied and slightly yawn.

It was silence between them, as Jay was thinking whether to ask her about Jake more. He gave it a thought and decided to go for it,

Here goes nothing.

"If you have an opportunity to date him, will you want him to be more than your friend? or do you prefer staying as a friend with him?"

As Jay was asking that, no replies expected from Aein.

He thought that she was thinking what to say, that's why there's no reply yet, but then he heard a small snore and soft mumbles coming out from her. He takes a glance at her, and his heart melt at the sight.

She must've been tired today.

"I think she probably had a little blurry feelings for Jake judging by what she explained earlier. She wasn't sure enough with the feelings she had, I guess." Jay muttered and looked at Aein again.

"For once, I want Aein to be genuinely happy." He sighed,

It was Monday morning as Aein walked to her office. Getting some paperwork ready and made sure she checked it before she left the room and went to meet her patients.

After meeting with them, Boeun, one of the nurses, rushed to Aein.

"Doctor Nam!"

"Oh, Boeun?"

"Your patient, Ji Yunho awake!" Boeun said happily, with her hand clasped.

With that, happiness lights up inside Aein. Her eyes were sprinkling as if one of her tasks was completed in a good way.

Just as the news comes to her, she goes straight away in meeting the patient.

Ji Yunho fell in a coma when his operation went successfully. The surgery was to remove a small tumour on his brain. They made him fall asleep a few extras day to subside the swelling, so he won't be in much pain.

"How do you feel, Yunho-ssi?" Ask Aein to her patient,

"it was a long, peaceful sleep I ever had. I feel better than before,"

"Ah, good to hear that. Is your head still feeling the swelling ? if it do, I had to give you some special painkiller to make it less painful," Aein said while writing down her diagnosis.

"It does a little. It still rings but not that much,"

"Well then, I'll give your parents a call. So that they'll proceed with your discharge." Aein write so more, and then leave the room.

She goes ahead to the nurse and gives her the medication diagnosis so that the nurse knows which medicine should she gets for the patient.

While Aein goes ahead and calls Yunho's parents.

Later on the day, Aein was included again to assist Professor Kang in performing surgery. It was another 4 hours and more of standing up.

She had just come out from the operating room. She wearily took off her surgical mask and sighed tiredly.

She then straightened up, strecthed all her aches away and quickly washed her hands, dumped her scrubs in the bin, and headed out to the doctor's room.

Just as she arrived at her office, she was surprised with a big bouquet of red roses on her desk. It looks fresh, as if it was picked just now. The soft smell of it, lingerie the whole room, giving the atmosphere there less stressful.

It helps her wind down after a long, tired day.

She went towards it and saw a little note, with a letter on top of the bouquet.

Seeing the note fluttered her.

From : Sim Jake.

I hope you like it