ten

It has been 2 weeks since he visited his old childhood friend

It has been 2 weeks since he visited his old childhood friend. The time he had during at Seoul was one of the amazing weeks he ever had. Although he was kind of busy now, he kept thinking about going back there again.

The aches on his chest did not yet go away, as she kept thinking about Aein. He didn't know why he kept thinking about her the day he arrived back home. The more he thinks about her, the more it aches.

Why does it pain him when it comes to her?

Sometimes, he can't even sleep enough as his mind occupies with her smile and laughter, he keep thinking about her again and again, and it's too much as it causes pain.

But it wasn't just a pain. He tried to study his feelings deeper, with taking meditation. Just as he understands a little, it wasn't pain for nothing.

The aches were a void that was growing inside him. It was searching a longing until he mets Aein. His heart wants her. Her beauty was what pained him, as everyone else could fall for her with that. He could overthink how people can see her beauty every day, yet he couldn't, and it's hurts him.

She's so pretty, and it's hurts.

He wants her to himself, he wants to change her last name. He wants to call her His.

Sim Aein.

"Jake Sim's sweetheart." He thought and got flustered alone.

The void inside him disappeared the moment she squinted her eyes laughing, her laughter, her kindness, her randomness–

oh no, i'm falling in love?

She had this kind of smile that made Jake's body go numb as it frozen in time. The amount of countless butterflies inside him was just too much that he loved it so much.

But he had this intriguing feelings that he had met her or saw her before but he couldn't remember where and when, because the first time Jay introduced him to her, he gets an immediate dejavu or flash of a memory that he didn't know.

He still convinced that he saw her somewhere before, just by her eyes.

It was what made him want her more.

This feeling is Koi No Yokan.

The 'untranslatable' Japanese phrase 'Koi No Yokan' is 'the premonition of love'.

The instinctive sensation, upon first meeting someone, that you will one day fall in love.

It doesn't mean love at first sight. It's closer to love at second sight. It's the feeling when you meet someone that you're going to fall in love with them.

Jake believes that this was not first sight love, but second.

These past two weeks, he can't help but to always be reminded of Aein. Love? it was too quick for him to fall like this. But something about faith and fate tells him she's the one.

He tries to ignore it.

But soon, he keeps dreaming about her.

He prayed for God, to show him the right guidance. Yet he gets the same answer every day.

which makes him want her more.

"No Sim Jake. You are falling for her a bit too fast." He said to himself as he laid on his bed.

"She must think I'm a weird person if I suddenly confess to her this fast."

"But my heart has been telling me this was the right thing."

As he thought about it all day, he decided to ask for help.
"I had to call Jay,"

He rang up his phone, waiting for him to pick it up. Soon, Jay answered his call,

"It's Jay talking," Jay said, with a sleepy raspy voice.

Jake on the other hand, wonders why he sounds like that, "Are you okay? it's 6:00 am, and you sound a bit so sleepy?"

Just as Jay heard Jake voice, he looked at the time and calmly trying to calm himself.

"You snitch, it's 6 am at your place, but 4 am at mine." Jay explained, sounding offended.

Jake chuckled, "Oh, I'm sorry to wake you up."

"It's fine. so why did you call?"

"Uh, I wanted your opinion...."

"Better be worth my sleep time," Jay warns, and Jake smiles immediately,

"It's about Aein."

"Oh what about her?" Jay asked, getting curious.

"I've been getting this kind of weird feeling every time I think about her, and it hurts me but not in a bad way– it was good. I tried to ignore it, but days passed, and I kept on dreaming about her. I kept reminding the way she smiled, the way she laughed, and everything. Now that im here, i feel lonely. It's like her presence affected my life."

"mmhmmm, you like her, huh?" Jay said in a teasing manner.

"Yes. What do I do, Jay.. I don't want to fall this quick"

Jay chuckled, "It's not your fault that you fell for her. If it's love, it'll come naturally, you know." Jay comforted him,

"If you want her, you need to show your effort first. Don't make it so complicated, just make it fun and easy. She doesn't like fancy, she is a simple lady." Jay advised.

"How do I show effort to her? and will showing effort do something?"

"You ask me as if you have never been in a relationship before. Yes, showing effort will affect feelings."

"That was puppy love, Jay! this one feels the right one, so it's a different story."

"Hmmm, gives her flowers, or hand written letters, maybe?"

"Just like that would make her like me?"

"She will like things like that, but make sure to send directly at her office, and write your name because she won't accept flowers or letters from people she didn't know."

"But far from I know, she would like someone who meets her face to face and hear about one's feelings for her."

"Have anyone done that?"

" No. They usually give letters and flowers but she throws it away, because she didn't know who sent her that..."

"Wish me luck then,"