fifteen

It was windy up there on the rooftop

It was windy up there on the rooftop. Falling into the warmth of his embrace, he felt like magic to her. She didn't know having him here could ease away all her sadness.

These feelings were weird for her. Usually, she would want her friends there or ice cream to ease away this tears and sadness. But she couldn't believe that Jake's hug could do this to her.

Was it because she liked him or her heart was longing for him?

"Why are you here?" Aein asked, breaking off the sudden hugs from Jake's hold. Although she want to stay a bit longer, she doesn't want it to be awkward between them.

"Like i said, i wanted to surprise you." He replied, looking straight to her eyes.

Aein couldn't hold any eye contact with him, as she was a bit shy, so she darted her eyes away from him. But Jake suddenly pulled her chin up so that her eyes would be meeting his.

He misses that face, how could she look away from me? he thought.

"Aren't you surprise to see me? today is the day 7." He said, with a warm smile on his lips.

"I am surprise to see you here.." She said lowly, looking away.

"Day 7 out of 7, i came here to tell you something face to face, instead of writing it down on letters.. i've been waiting for this day to come, and i knew you felt the same, too." Jake sighed, inhaling some air to calm his heartbeat that suddenly gets nervous, yet he remained cool in front of her.

"But im so worried about you being here. It got me wondering why, and i know i shouldn't ask about the reason, but can you at least tell me that you are alright now?" He asked, making a smile lit up on Aein lips.

Seeing him being a considerated person makes her fall in Awe.

"Im alright now that you here, i had accompany, it what's mattered to me." She said, assuring Jake.

Jake then sighed in relief, hugging the girl once more before he looked at her straight in her eyes again.

"Nam Aein, i've been waiting to tell you this."

"You are very kind."

"And smart."

"And uhh..." He bitted his lips and looked at her again,

His heart was beating like crazy, making it hard for him to talk. Aein, on the other hand, was waiting for him to finish talking as she didn't want to interrupt him.

Here goes nothing, Jake. He said to himself.

"The first day i met you, i thought that you had such beautiful eyes. I got lost inside it right away. Soon after that, a week of camping got me close and closer to you. I can't help myself but fall for you.

I know this feeling was a bit so sudden and too early, but for the past few weeks back in Australia– im not doing okay. The feelings i have for you keep growing inside me like a virus or something. Later on, you even get lost in my dream a couple of times, and that's when i knew, fell for you deeper."

He stopped to take a breath and then continued,

"I don't what kind of feelings is this but all i know that i want to meet you, i want to talk to you, i want to wake up by your side everyday– Nam Aein, you draw a big influence to my life.

I felt like seeing you again is what makes me fall harder. I have these feelings we've met before. Maybe it's a soulmate thing, but i don't know, i don't really believe in such stuff. "

Aein couldn't believe what Jake had said to her.

It was a confession, yet she didn't know how to reply to it since she wasn't really good at this. This was the first confession she received from the person she genuinely liked.

Suddenly, Jake stands on one knee. Pulling a box of rings on his hand. Just like what Jay told Jake before, Aein was a simple woman.

So, instead of giving her a ring with a big ruby, he bought her a diamond ring in 9k white gold that has simple design.

"Nam Aein, would you like to be my wife and to spend your forevermore with me?"

To her surprise, she wasn't expecting Jake to ask her a hand in marriage. She was expecting him to ask her for a date or to get to know her slowly first– or to be boyfriend and girlfriend level first - but it was a hand in marriage.

She was a bit taken back, that she stay silent.

She would like to start slowly with him, but then she remembers her mother. Would mom calm down if im finally getting married?

But then again, she was almost 30 years old. She's getting old in any time now, and she may lose this opportunity to find love. It was once in a lifetime, after all.

"Nam Aein, are you going to reject me with your silence? if so, make it in the kindness possible way, please. i don't want to get hurt again."

Jake said, reminded how his past relationship went downhill and broken, affected his life, and took years and years to heal.

His past lover. Rejected his proposal, and that shit cuts deeply inside him. He was hoping so bad that this time, the person he liked would accept him. He didn't want the same history to repeat again.

"Im sorry, Jake."

"I was a bit surprised."

"A-are you rejecting me?"

The colours drenched out of his face. He knew this wasn't going to work. Maybe this is too fast to ask her hand in marriage. This is probably the last time he would said such a proposal because he might get rejected again if there's another.

This shit going to hurt so bad again because damn i really like her. He thought.

"Oh..." The only word he could utter out.

Aein widened her eyes quickly, a bit worrying that Jake might think another way now.

"No, that's not what i mean!! I said sorry because you might think my silence is going to reject you, but i was just a bit surprise, actually!! Im sorry i took too long to answer–"

"But my answer is yes!!" she said with a wide smile,

Jake face then beam in happiness, as his eyes were glistening and fulls of sparkle.

"I was so scared you might reject me!" Jake said, hugging Aein again.

With that, the ring that he bought is succesfully ring on Aein's finger.