twenty

Song Jihye, who just heard about the news, immediately went to Aein's room

Song Jihye, who just heard about the news, immediately went to Aein's room. With tears streaming down her face, as if she got the same feelings like how Jay and Aein have felt.

She felt lost for a second, and her heart was feeling uneasy.

Reaching the room, she walks inside slowly, not wanting to make such a burst as it will startled Aein. There, she saw Aein sleeping as she was attached to the chemo.

Her tears fall down her cheeks, sobbing softly while watching her dearest friend.

"I'm not dead yet. Why are you crying?" Aein said sarcastically, opening her eyes slightly to peek at Jihye who’s crying soundly.

"Yahh! it's a joke, right? this is a prank, right???" Jihye asked, not amused by Aein sarcasm.

"You think if I'm a busy person, I have time to joke around with this machine?"

"No..."

"Then, this all is real."

With that, Jihye cried more.

"You such a cry baby." Aein sighed, "Come here," She called her, patting the chair beside her.

Jihye then walked toward her and held Aein hand right away.

"Your hands are cold..."

"It's alright, Ji. it's only cause by the cold temperature in this room." Aein assured Jihye, who was sobbing,

"But the ac was off.."

"....."

"Have you told Jake about this?" Jihye asked, making Aein lips slightly pouted.

"Not yet, im waiting for the right time. I'm slightly waiting for him to call or text me, since he has been busy there for the whole two weeks..."

"When is the right time? one day before you leaving, is it?" Jihye asked, scoffing slightly.

Aein lips pursue into a thin line, "It's not like that..."

"Then what? It's always like that! People who are leaving will always say that last minute– you know that shit is going to be very painful. I would be in regret if I hadn't spent much time with you..."

"Jake and you are literally just starting a relationship, so please tell him about this and spend your time with him. He'll be sad if he found out about this late– you wouldn't want him to be sad, right?" Jihye advised,

Aein tears started to pool in her eyes again. Ever since she's diagnosed with this absurd sickness, she has been in a lot of emotional damages. She wasn't the one to always cry, but her heart softened, seeing everyone who was attached to her became sad and all gloomy.

"I will tell him, but for now, I don't want to disturb him..."

"How long have you found out about your this ?" Jihye asked,

"It's been 3 days..."

"When will Jake come here?"

"About 9 days ..."

"How much time do you have?"

"Jay assumed the possibility was 2 weeks.. but if I do agree with this chemo, it can enhance up to 3-4 weeks, i guess.."

Jihye can't help but shed another tears, "i don't want you to leave..."

"i won't leave, i promise."

Aein assured her, but it didn't stop the tears falling from Jihye eyes.

"I hate the possibility, Aein-ya.. you know how cancer works, and yet you keep making promises like t-this." Jihye uttered.

"You know you can't keep it."

Aein couldn't say anything. Jihye was right. There's no other option nor anything to do to keep her on living. Keeping up with chemo could help, but it doesn't mean forever.

But to Aein, it wasn't wrong to have at least a little hopes to motivate her living.

Jihye sighed before standing up and about to leave. She then took one last glance at Aein before she left the room,

"Aein-ya, I love you."

Aein smiled. "I love you too. Go do your work now."

She then looks outside the window inside her room and sighs heavily.

If I pray today, will God answer my plead?

I want to spark my little hopes,

to at least survive more than 1 month,

to at least spend more time with my future lover,

to at least thank everyone,

to at least prove my mom wrong..

I want to live,

but why does life always have to be a twist?

and why me? why my life??

for once, let me be happy.

that's all I want if I can't fully live my dream.

I don't want to be sad.

Everyone who knows about this already is.

I can't be sad too, or else it sadden them more.

There's a lot I want to ask, but–

... why me ?