seventeen

As Jake is back in Australia, Aein can't help but stay low all the time

As Jake is back in Australia, Aein can't help but stay low all the time. The constant headache is never-ending for her, as it keeps aching inside her head. She tried to ignore it most of the time, but she didn't think running away from it could change anything.

Sighing heavily, she looked at her hand and smiled, seeing the ring on her finger. Thinking about Jake makes her somehow strong. Although she only met him yesterday, she missed him already.

She went to stand in front of the mirror inside her office and realised how pale she was. Her bright, cheery auras are completely covered with a sick looking face.

As an oncologist, she did make her own diagnosis.

The possibility of the what if is high.

Merely headache couldn't be in such a long period, that constantly happened all the time because to her, it won't be a merely headache anymore.

it could be something else, but she won't say it.

There's only one person who can help her confirm her diagnosis, which is none other than...

"Jay, can you help me?" she asked, almost like a whispering. She was a bit hesitant to ask about this, but she needed this headache to cool off at least.

"What kind of help you need from me?"

Aein sighed and passed the diagnosis paper to him.

"Is this your patient that needed a CT scan?" He asked, reading the diagnosis carefully as it didn't state anyone name on it.

"I thought you knew how to do a CT scan already?" He asked again,

Aein smiled, "It not for a patient, Jay. But for me,"

The colours on Jay's face drained.

"Why would you need.. it..?" He trailed off, and with that, he read the diagnosis paper again.

any symptoms?
- constant headaches every day
- drowsiness
- persistently feeling sick
- slowly weakening

"Are you feeling all of these symptoms?" He asked, and Aein nodded.

"It would be a normal headache, Aein. Don't worry me like this..." Jay insisted, not wanting to think about the possibility.

"How I wish it would, Jay... Just to be safe and confirm the right and wrong, can you schedule me the CT scan appointment? i want you to do it..." Aein requested,

Jay smiled and nodded, "Of course, I won't let anybody do this."

"Thank you, Jay."

Jay had a little sister before he became an only child. It was the main reason why he wanted to become an oncologist so bad. He dream to help everyone who suffered the same as his sister.

Jay little sister has cancer. She couldn't survive it, and it was really hard for Jay and his parents. The pain he had been through was tough. That's why Jay wants to help anyone as much as he can.

Because he understands the pain of losing someone, and that kind of phenomenon hurts him until today. It's like a heal wounded. it could bleed all the time.

But of course, faith is always in his way since it is what he can't control or save people from.

Aein is like a sister to him, and seeing how all these symptoms she's suffering, he is scared to confirm the possibility. He wouldn't know about it yet but he was scared about it.

He just doesn't want to lose another sister that he loves truly.

At the end of the day, Aein's CT scan appointment has come. Seeing Aein wearing a patient clothes instead of his normal attire feels weird to him. Although it was only for the CT scan.

Aein smiled at Jay one last time before she laid down on the CT's scan bed.

She closes her eyes and feels as if the bed moves.

Letting the scan do its work. As for the results of the scan, it usually takes 24 hours or several days. It could also be a week or two.

"Hopefully, the results turn out to be good."