eighteen

The results came out

"It's positive."

"B-brain tumours."

Jay can't help it but to cry seeing Aein sitted in front of his desk as a patient and not his usual colleague. Tears keep falling down his cheek, as words choked him, making it hard to utter out anything.

Aein smiled sadly at him. She expected this is going to happen just by understanding her self-made diagnosis.

"Don't cry, Jay, we can do the surgery, right?"

With that question, his tears and cries became more sorrowful.

"We can't perform any s-surgery in your state, Aein-ya.."

Aein's heart drops.

"What do you mean? it was only a small tumour, right?" She asked,

"Cancer, stage 4."

"Nooo, it can't be!" Her voice cracked as tears began to fall.

Jay looked away from her as it broke his heart. He didn't dare to look at her anymore, now that his perspective had changed.

"I'm finally getting married soon, Jay... you can't do this to me.." she insisted as tears keep falling still,

"It's risky to perform surgery at your state, Nam Aein. You're an oncologist. You should know that! Moreover, we can't change our faith, and as much as i hated it, we can not blame anyone for it to happened"

Angered is now mixing completely with their sadness , it was denial, to be exact. Both of them are in denial,

I mean, who doesn't be in denial after knowing such news.

Such sickness could ruin one life, and everything included everyone point of view.

"How long do I have..."

"I hate to say this, really."

"Please, Jay."

"It was less than 2 weeks–" he inhale a deep breath before continuing, "If only you do a check up the day you experience the pain of your symptoms, we could slow the spreading at least." He said.

"We can't help much now that it spread almost everywhere." Jay sighed.

"I'll inform this to Professor Kim to let him know about this. So that you'll be given treatment and rest. At this point, your body will slowly begin to shut down."

"Are you suggesting chemotherapy?" Aein asked, and Jay nodded slightly.

Wiping off the tears, "It not like we had other choice."

"Jay... can you do me a favour?"

"What is it this time?"

"Keep this as a secret from Jake..."

"But he might find out later at the end–"

"I'll tell him on the right time, don't worry. But please never tell him now, can you promise that?"

Jay sighed, "Fine."

"Thank you so much, Jay."

Never in my life,

I would imagine myself in a patient gown.

All my hard work,

washed away ...

I just want to be happy ,

but it seems like it won't last long.

If anything happens,

let me give all of me to him.

let me love someone.

let me be with them for a little longer,

before I have to let them go.