Data

It had been 2 months of sitting here with no communication with the others at all and it was killing me, it felt so lonely here without the others and even thought me and Bucky had been on only two dates and were official for one day well technically 2 months now it just felt empty without him around we were getting close even before going on dates. No one had contacted me yet and I was hoping they would soon even just one word, Bucky had said he was going to try and give me a signal that they were okay or at least he was but I had no idea if any of them were alright. 

"y/n!?" I jump at the abrupt voice before leaning up to the comms.

"I'm here. What do you need?"

"We've made it into the first base and we already cut off the communications between here and the other bases, Natasha is about to link all the data from the systems here to you can you please copy and back it all up and alert back so we can erase it all here." I start to load up the system and wait for Nat's link so I can start as soon as it come through.

"Aye aye captain." pretty soon the link comes through and I start copying it all over onto our secure drive we use for every piece of data we gather. Finishing in minutes I start to backup each file onto Fury's secret secure drive he had placed on every system which took a little longer than copying over.

"Y/n, everything good?"

"Yeah, backing it up is just taking a little longer. I'm sorry."

"No you're fine, we just finished infiltrating the base and sending a message to the bases that the communications is down here verbally so they don't question it for a while." I try to speed up the back-up of the data as I listen to Steve.

"Okay well mind if I ask how you all are?"

"We're all good no need to stress about it. What do you want Tony? Fine beep through."

"Batman!" I laugh at Tony.

"Hey Tony, what do you want?"

"Like the phone?"

"Absolutely, it works like a dream and has kept me somewhat sane I suppose."

"That's great, anyway Cap looks fed up for some reason so I'm going to click you back over."

"Y/n? How is it looking?" 

"1% left to go and....done. All good you can erase it all there now." I don't hear anything for a good while thinking they just left.

"Thanks. Stay tuned for the other two." at that the line went dead, no goodbye or nothing. I understood that they were busy and on a mission but they all had one another to have at least some sort of human conversation. Me being on house arrest, not allowed on missions and left alone while they all are with no one else at all I was getting so lonely and I was bound to go insane the least they could have given me was a goodbye.

"Hey J?"

"Yes y/n."

"Can you play Metal Arm's playlist, please?" 

"Of course." the music soon starts playing on American Pie the same song me and Bucky cook and danced to, I curled into a ball on my seat as I listened to it wondering if they were all truly ok.

~Avenger's POV~

"A little rude, don't you think Cap?" Clint asks him as they stealthily head back to where they camped up.

"What are you talking about?"

"She's at the tower alone, hasn't spoken a word to us in 2 months and when she finally hears something you give her barley anything to go off on and no goodbye." the others all agree with Clint except for Bucky who had gotten quieter over the past 2 months, Wanda and Nat both had an idea why but the others didn't and were growing worried.

"Look we have to minimise contact as much as possible. Besides I told her we were ok."

"Not what Clint means Grandpa." Steve rolls his eyes at Tony.

"What did he mean then?"

"We're all out on a mission together and we may have a job to do but at least we get human contact with people we've grown to know, rely on and care for. While we get that contact she's home alone getting no information whatsoever, and when we do contact her how do you think she'd feel with no goodbye and a very brief 'we're alright'?" Steve looks down at Sam's words realising what he was saying.

"You're right. I'm sorry but we'll have to wait till we infiltrate the second one which we should be able to do in 3 months." at those words Bucky shoves past everyone and storms ahead.

"What's his problem?" they all look on confused and worried at Bucky quickly following after him.

"Buck, what's wrong?" Bucky chucks down his gear onto the floor ignoring Steve's words.

"Buck. Come on talk to us."

"Talk to you guys? You're the last people I want to talk to now." everyone stiffens and scoffs, some preparing for a fight just in case.

"Buck, what's going on?" Bucky sighs before facing them all.

"What's going on? We've been out here for 2 months and we've only just infiltrated the first base now you're saying it'll be another 3 months to do the second! What about the third? Will that take 5 more months take us right up to the end of the year why not?"

"Woah, calm down." Bucky hardens his stare at Sam.

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down, god. You don't understand how can you. You can't understand." everyone stares confused at him while Nat and Wanda share a look of sympathy.

"Bucky, we told you it could be longer than 4 months."

"But by another what 6 plus?!"

"Okay I'm starting to think this isn't to do with us or the mission anymore." Sam states aloud as Bucky looks to him taking a seat on a log they had placed down as a make-shift seat for their time here and sighing.

"No, I'm just...I'm just tired that's all. Sorry for snapping." everyone shares a look before deciding to leave him be and all go to their respective tents to sleep the day off except for Nat and Wanda who sit either side of Bucky.

"Bucky, we get this is hard for you right now."

"And no doubt for her as well considering she is alone."

"But, if you're desperate we can cover you as you use a secure comm link in the Quinjet to talk to her for a little while." he looks up at Nat.

"That'll just make this prolonged time a lot harder not just for me but her as well."

"Ok, so you don't have to contact her."

"Is there anything we can do?" Bucky looks to Wanda.

"Make Steve hurry this up would be great, I understand we need to be careful and do this perfectly but we should go for the second this week because we just cancelled communications from the first base and we can't wait too long. Also, it is just killing me." Nat and Wanda both hug Bucky.

"We can try and talk to him about it but that's all we can do." Bucky nods before standing up out of their hold and moving towards his own tent.

"Thanks guys, sleep well." they smile at him before he enters his tent.

"We need to finish this mission and soon. He's breaking." Nat nods in agreement.

"I'll talk to Steve quietly in the morning for now we should sleep." they both part ways to rest up.