"Good now that we're all here, we're all needed for a mission. We've located 3 Hydra bases that are triangulated with one another in the depths of Switzerland and if we're going to take down all three and retrieve more data we're going to need to go for 4 months." I decide to cut in.

"I'm sorry why am I needed for this meeting?"

"You need to know what's going on and wait here until we get back, Fury is fine with it as well and-"

"So I'm not even needed for this mission and that's all I need to know?" he doesn't say anything at that as I roll my eyes.

"I might as well leave."

"Hold on there Batman."

"What?"

"You are needed in a way."

"How?" they all share a look before Steve looks back at me.

"Well. We need you to remain on comms at all times on this end so that when we reach the databases we can immediately link it to you instead of downloading it onto a USB as we have suspicion the data we'll be finding is the most important yet."

"Man comms. Install linked data. Back it up. Notify you. You come home." he goes to speak before I cut him off.

"Safe." I share a glance with Bucky before looking to Steve.

"Yes. That's it." I nod.

"If that's all I need to know my I leave to set up my nest?" he chuckles before nodding and continuing to debrief the others. I make my way to my room quickly before grabbing every pillow and blanket I had before briskly making my way to where comms were and setting up a little nest-like area for the 4 months I'll be living there.

"Hey doll, see you set up your nest." I turn to look at Bucky leaning against the doorframe of the comm room. 

"Yeah well got to be comfortable while keeping an ear out for you guys." he walks over to me after closing the door to have some privacy.

"It could be longer than 4 months you know, we might not have hit all 3 bases by then and will need to stay longer." I give him a concerned look.

"What's the look for?"

"What if they find you before you find them?" he gently grabs me by the arms dragging them down to hold my hands.

"You're not...worried for me are you?" I look down at our hands.

"Maybe. And that doesn't answer my question."

"Doll, look at me." I slowly look back up at him.

"If we are found first, which we won't, then we'll fight as best we can but if it is too much and we're somehow overpowered then we will evac straight back, okay?"

"I can't help but stress over you going and I don't know why."

"I'm stressed too. So what about this? If you're strong and hold down the fort for me I'll be the exact same when I'm out there in the danger zone for you? And I'll really try to give you a signal that I'm ok when I can." I think over what he states before realising that's the best I will get over this situation.

"Okay. Yeah, sounds good for me."

"Great and by time I'm back we'll have been going out for 4 months and maybe more."

"Yeah months we could've been strengthening and getting used to the relationship." I state in a strop which makes him chuckle.

"You're adorable when upset."

"No." 

"Sure you're not." he kisses my forehead before resting his against mine.

"Now we've got to leave now, we'll be as careful as possible." I stare at him as he walks away but I grab his wrist and yank him back to capture his lips in a haste and more forcefully hot kiss and pull away.

"Okay, you can go now." he comes out of his daze before rushing from the room with a stupid, giddy smile on his face which I shake my at before getting snuggled into the nest of a chair I had made and digging into the ice cream I got from the freezer. After a couple of minutes I hear Steve's voice come through on the comms.

"Y/n can you hear me?"

"Us! Cap, you mean us!" I laugh lightly as I sit up to respond.

"Yeah I can hear you guys, bickering as always."

"Great, we'll be landing at the location we picked in a few hours and that's when communication will be cut down heavily. We will only need to hear from you when we contact you, understood?"

"Copy that cap."

"Perfect anyw-"

"Hey Batman there should be a gift left on that desk somewhere for ya." I look over the desk.

"What?"

"I left you a little something." I scan the desk before seeing a small box wrapped in wrapping paper.

"The thing wrapped in pink polka dots. Didn't strike you as a pink kind of guy Tin can."

"Oh hush and open it." I start to open the box after ripping of the paper to see a phone sat in the box, I take it out in shock.

"Tony, is this a joke?" I hear him laugh.

"Not at all. It's all yours Fury gave you permission to have a phone for entertainment and communicating with us when we're not on missions of course, however no social media except for YouTube but no posting on there."

"This is great! Thank you so much Tony!"

"My pleasure Batman." I stare at the phone as I turn it on fully.

"Y/n?" I hum in response to Loki.

"If you wish I give you permission o enter my room when you need to choose any books you wish to read while you sit there."

"Really? Thanks Loki I'll keep that in mind."

"Of course, princess." I smile before asking them all something.

"You said you have a few hours. If you don't have anything important to do, do you not mind if we all just talk considering we'll barley get to for 4 months plus?" they all agree with me and we drift into an easy, bickering full, conversation.

"Y/n I'm sorry but we're 5 minutes from our location  we're going to have to go now, we'll be careful and see you soon."

"Right yeah, good luck." I go to eat my ice cream again before a certain soldier's voice catches my attention.

"Y/n wait, I'm switching to private comms I need to say something quickly."

"Okay, but quick you're almost there."

"I'm always quick." I smirk.

"That's not something a girl wants to hear early ok in the relationship."

"Don't start."

"Sorry."

"Look I can't promise anything but I will try to be careful and god will I miss you. I'll make up for every date we miss when I get back, ok?" I smile at thsi idiot.

"You're about to ender death junction and that's your concern?"

"Yeah of course."

"Be safe Barnes, please. I'll miss you too. Now go." I hear him laugh before bidding me a goodbye and I switch back to communal comms where if any of them reach me at some point they can. I sat back in a huff before deciding to dig into my new phone noticing everyone's contacts already there. This was going to be a long few months.