48

Jiang Xu came out of the bathroom after taking a shower, and saw Tang Ke leaning on the balcony with his elbows in his arms, looking like he was pleading guilty. He bypassed Tang Ke and threw the clothes into the washing machine, and heard him say quietly, "Shen Fangyu's calls are all coming to me."

Jiang Xu paused when he pressed the power switch, and after a long while, he closed the top cover of the washing machine, adjusted the water level and mode, and pressed the start button. Soon there was the sound of water inside, and he turned to Tang Ke and said, "He thinks I'm going to beat the child. It's to hug the dean's thigh."

He sat on the sofa and took a sip of hot water, "For so many years, even if I doubted his medical skills, I never doubted his character." He lowered his eyes and said softly, "He actually thinks so much about me?" of."

Tang Ke sat beside him and patted Jiang Xu on the shoulder, "Did you misunderstand?"

"Are you speaking for him now?" Jiang Xu asked.

"No, I just think it's a bit strange," Tang Ke looked hesitantly, "I always feel that the Jiang Xu I know won't run away from home in the middle of the night because of a colleague who has not dealt with him for more than ten years. .”

He paused, and asked tentatively, "Are you really just angry with this sentence?"

Seeing that Jiang Xu didn't answer, he continued, "Or...are you looking for an excuse for something else?"

"You think too much." Jiang Xu interrupted him.

Tang Ke paused and didn't continue speaking.

After being silent for a while, Jiang Xu put the water glass on the coffee table, "I'm going to sleep, there is surgery tomorrow."

The door was closed, and the surface of the water cup was shaken to cause slight swaying water patterns, circles and circles, with slight ripples, gradually spreading and disappearing.

Tang Ke glanced at his back with a complicated expression.

There is nothing wrong with saying angry words between friends, and it is understandable for a deadly enemy to speak in anger. Tang can't believe that Jiang Xu and Shen Fangyu's bickering and quarrels in the past have never been more merciless than this.

There is one exception.

—If the person who speaks is someone who cares, hurtful words may become unforgivable.

Tang Ke didn't dare to guess anymore. He felt that he might be a little too sensitive. Probably Jiang Xu himself hadn't thought about it.

After adjusting his mood, he dialed Shen Fangyu's number again. The latter must have been waiting, and almost as soon as he dialed, the other party connected.

"Can I come over?"

Tang Ke walked to the balcony, closed the glass, and lowered his voice, "Have you thought about what to say?"

Shen Fangyu obviously had no answer.

"I didn't think about what to do here," Tang Ke said, "He's asleep. Pregnant people shouldn't stay up all night. There's no way for the hospital to be on night shift. Let him have a good rest today."

"…good."

Hearing the obviously disappointed tone on the other end of the phone, Tang Ke reached out to touch the curtain, sighed, and said, "Shen Fangyu, I've always bothered you because you didn't get along with Jiang Xu. Tell you a few more words."

"A year or two ago, a Gui Peisheng who came from below mentioned to Jiang Xu that he wanted to enter a private hospital. You know, Jiang Xu is very strict with students, and anyone who can help will help. At that time, he was so busy that he took the time to take that student and treated me to a meal, and asked him to learn from me."