Chapter 18: Alphys' Care, and Alphys' Secrets

After calming down with Toriel about your situation, Alphys came in to give you a run down of how you're doing and how you got this way.

I mean, obviously a big portion of it was because you fell in an icy lake, but otherwise you were fairly surprised.

"Due to the fact that you were already s-sick from the very cold water, your blood vessels were c-constricted, making it very hard for magic to t-travel through your body..." She started.

"Your body couldn't keep up with already bein' sick, the new magic 'ya never used before made it even worse. Not your fault of course, bein' new to magic and all." Sans finished Alphys' sentence, Alphys giving him a quick glare.

"P-Precisely so! I'm keeping you here for a while longer, j-just until you're well enough to be discharged! After this, no strenuous activity-"

"-OR ICE SKATING! A SOFT DIET, SOUPS AND WATER, AND REST!"

Alphys sighed, "-And most of all, NO magic! It could s-seriously make it harder to restore your health, as it's a significant p-part of your energy you're recovering."

You nodded, "Uh... I'm sorry for worrying you all. I'll.. take care of myself better from now on. Promise."

"It's ok sweetheart, we know. Just get all the rest and care you need, and get better. That'll help us all not worry too much, alright dear?" Toriel said softly, putting her hand on yours carefully.

You held her hand tightly before letting it go, your friends and family turning to go home and let you rest, before the door to the room burst open.

"BUTTERCUP! ARE YOU ALRIGHT, DEAR?! WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED?! WHO HURT YOU!" Asgore shouted, freezing as he saw everyone in the room and quickly quieting down.

Turning to face the door he just destroyed, he turned back to you all awkwardly, scratching his beard a little bit nervously.

"A-Ah... my apologies-"

"I'M HERE, I'M HERE! WHERE'S-" Asriel and Chara skidded to a stop at the broken door.

"DAD WHAT THE HELL?!" Asriel screeched, his hands pointed down to the door.

"Language!" Toriel and Asgore said in unison.

"I sincerely apologize for them, I didn't have enough time earlier to explain what happened and afterwards forgot to entirely." Toriel sighed, "I'll have that door replaced."

"N-Not a problem, my queen! I can have one f-fixed up by Mettaton in no time! I'm s-sure he'll be here any moment, I j-just send him a-" 

"OH DEAR~! What in the world happened to our beautiful star! You look just as gorgeous in ill and in health, but so dreary in white!" Mettaton sighed, everyone turning quickly to see him leaning dramatically on the door frame.

"Really? Do you have to be this melodramatic all the time you tin can?" Asriel said disgustedly.

"Everyone out!" Toriel yelled loudly, almost shaking the room with her thunderous voice, pointing at the door angrily.

...or where the door once stood.

Quickly everyone began piling out, even Papyrus, in fear of your mother.

"Sorry about them dear, we'll let you rest now, finally. I love you very much, just use the new phone next to you if you need anything, alright? Alphys restored all your data, so hopefully it's as useful to you as it was before. With a few upgrades of course, she can't help it!" Toriel laughed, waving goodbye and walking through the door, leaving you to your own devices.