Chapter 10: Found Family

Papyrus and you made your way back to the skeleton brother's home, fiddling with the letter in your hands.

"YOU DID AMAZING UP THERE!" Papyrus said, his arm linking with yours.

"Really? I wish it were you up there, it's your favorite show after all!" You complained.

"NO REALLY! I'M HAPPY YOU GOT TO GO UP THERE AND SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS!" He disagreed.

You nodded, blushing.

"Thanks Papyrus. I'd love to go on more dates with you. They're exciting!" You laughed, "I had no clue I'd be selected, made me super nervous."

Papyrus blushed and turned his face away quickly, "S-SAME!"

Reaching the door of his house, only to see a note on the door that wrote 'meet at grillby's when u get back'.

Definitely Sans' handwriting.

"THAT PLACE? YUCK!" Papyrus complained, turning with you and heading towards Grillby's.

"What's Grillby's?" You asked.

"A GREASY RESTAURANT THAT SANS FREQUENTS. I DON'T PREFER IT." He sighed.

Reaching Grillby's and looking in through the frosty glass, you see Sans sitting at a booth in the back of the restaurant.

As Papyrus opened the door for you, a bell at the top of the door rang, everyone's heads turning towards you and Papyrus.

Immediately you put yourself behind Papyrus in fear, until you heard them start complimenting you.

"Hey, it's the deer from Mettaton's show! That pie made me hungry so I went straight to Grillby's!" Someone said, others joining in to talk about your part on the show.

Papyrus took your hand gently, much to your dismay, dragging you over to the booth with Sans and... everyone else? Taking some seats from an empty table nearby, you and Papyrus take a seat with everyone.

"What are you all doing here?" You asked, locking eyes with a nervous Toriel.

"We came here to congratulate you! Everyone in Snowdin seen you on TV, you're like a little star!" Undyne said, ruffling your hair.

"Hey! You're gonna mess up the look you idiot!" Flowey yelled at Undyne.

"Now now, it doesn't matter now. Asgore knows Buttercup is human, and so will the rest of the underground now." Toriel sighed, resting her head in her hands and looking past you at the wall.

Turning around you see a TV anchored to the corner of the restaurant, playing a re-run of the cooking show. It reaches the end where Asgore congratulates you and hands you the letter, cutting to a 'special announcement'.

"I don't remember a special announcement?" You said, your stomach turning in knots.

"It was announced after you left." Flowey replied.

It cut to the king, sitting at the judging seat. Looks like it was aired from the show, right after you left.

"As many of you know, we have been trapped in the underground for many years now. Today I met someone very special, an adoptive member of my family, a human." Asgore said, taking a deep breath, "From this day on, we will work towards an alternative way to take down the barrier keeping us here. No longer will we hunt humans down. Additionally, it is now a crime, just as hurting another of our kind."

"Wow, this is a lot to take in." You said, turning around as the special announcement ended to face your friends and mother.

"I feel a lot better now that I know Asgore won't be bothering you any time soon." Toriel sighed, smiling at you.