Chapter 7: Now You're Green!

Toriel and Flowey sat comfortably on the steps of the skeleton brothers humble abode, excited to see you all spar together.

Well, mostly. Toriel seemed very nervous but did a good job hiding it. Too bad for her, you've been living with her for so long that you can see through her facade.

"Since we haven't exactly trained with a human, not sure where to start..." Sans said, thinking hard.

"OH! HOW ABOUT WE START WITH DEXTERITY TRAINING?" Papyrus said excitedly, "WHAT DO YOU THINK BUTTERCUP?"

"That's not a bad idea! If I want to learn anything, I think defense would be good. I don't plan on attacking anyone." You replied.

"LOSER!" Flowey yelled at you from the sidelines.

You rolled your eyes at his comment, laughing a little. Flowey's always been the head-first kinda... flower. 

"PREPARE YOURSELF! HYA!" Papyrus shouted, manifesting a bone and launching it your way.

He can do that?!

Eyes widening, you quickly slip in the snow in an attempt to dodge the bone. Hitting the snow, the bone whizzed right through where you were standing.

"Woah Paps, go easy on her. She's doesn't train like you do bro." Sans said, sweat showing on his forehead.

"OH MY GOODNESS I'M SO SORRY! I PROMISE TO GO EASIER ON YOU!" Papyrus cried out, running over to your side and picking you up.

Quickly he dusted all the snow off your body, setting you down carefully.

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" He asked softly.

"Yeah!" You responded, heart beating out of your chest, "Haha! That scared me. I didn't know you could do that."

"WHY OF COURSE!" He stated proudly, heading back to stand beside Sans, slapping his hand on his brother's shoulder

"BOTH SANS AND I CAN DO THAT!"

"Very cool!" You complimented, looking over to Toriel.

A hand clutched tightly over her heart, the other giving a shaky thumbs up.

You should probably be more observant from now on, as to not worry your poor mother.

"Alright! I'm ready!" You told Sans and Papyrus, taking a defensive stance.

"Cool. I think if you had magic, it probably would've shown up by now." Sans said, rubbing the back of his skull awkwardly.

"Because a bone almost blew my head off?" You asked.

"Pretty much. If you haven't manifested any yet, it would've shown then. Times of need and danger, y'know?" Sans replied.

You nodded, eyebrows furrowing. How were you going to defend yourself in the underground, and live here the rest of your life if you can't defend yourself? Grabbing the bone off the snow from behind you from the last attack, you hold it tightly like a baseball bat.

"I guess I'll have to be resourceful." You noted, Sans and Papyrus nodding.

"ALRIGHT! ATTACK NUMBER TWO!" Papyrus announces, shooting another bone your way.

Carefully you support your weight by moving one foot behind you, slamming the bone attack away from you. It redirects, launching into a nearby pine tree.

"GOOD JOB! WOW!" Papyrus complimented you, "CAN YOU TAKE MORE?"

You nodded, adrenaline running through your veins with excitement. Something about this feels natural to you.