Chapter 1: The Fall

It's dark. Moist. It smells of... flowers.

You open your eyes to see a bed of flowers just out of your reach. It's blurry at first but after blinking your eyes a couple times you recognize them. Buttercups?

 A light from a hole way above you reaching in and onto them from... where?

You realize you're laying sideways, your pressure on the cold rock ground in a dark cavern. Going to push yourself up, it hits you.

The pain. It's much more than a headache and it's shooting down the rest of your body.

And the moisture, the smell. It's from a small pool of a dark red liquid around you.

At first you go to speak but all that comes out is a croak, "..help.."

You take a deeper breath, "Help! HELP!" 

Rolling onto your stomach and using what energy you have left, you crawl away from the buttercups. You see something... yellow?

A flower?

"ANYONE?!", you call out - the pain starting to become unbearable. 

In a blink the flower is gone... is it blood loss? Already? You're definitely dizzy, if anything. The throbbing isn't helping any either.

It feels like the cavern is getting darker, and it's hard to stay awake. Honestly, it's tempting, because the more your eyes close - the less painful it is.

"????", someone calls out.

It's a warm voice. If only you could open your eyes and see who it is.

At this point you've grown too tired, having crawled about three yards away from those comfortable-looking buttercups. God you wished you fell on those. You can only assume from how much pain you're in that you fell from wherever that hole leads to.

That voice is getting really annoying. At first it was soft but now it's a loud white noise, like it's saying the same thing over and over. The last thing you feel is a pair of large soft arms wrapping around you slowly, and a hint of pain for a movement before...

Nothing.

Then warmth. The smell of... pie? It's really sweet, like "burn your nostrils" sweet. Is it... butterscotch? No, cinnamon. You can't place it.

The voice you heard earlier sounds farther away. Opening your eyes and adjusting a little, a light from the door of a bedroom you're in is practically blinding. Looking down and squinting the light out of your eyes, you realize you're on a bed. Tucked in tightly.

It's comfortable. REALLY comfortable.

Starting to make out the voice, you realize it's two voices. Arguing?

You slowly sit up, pulling the warm and thick quilted covers off your body. You're in entirely new clothes. It's a cute purple pair of pajamas. They're covered in lilac colored clouds, long sleeved, and the pants have those elastic pull ties. They're a tad too big on you.

It also feels like you're wearing a hat around your head, until you go to touch it and quickly pull your hand away from a sudden searing pain. It's been tightly bandaged.

That must've been what hit the ground first. Your freaking head.

Taking a deep breath, you stand up, slowly trudging over to the brightly lit door from the hallway light. Looking at the ground before looking back up to keep going, you realize you're wearing a fuzzy pair of white socks. Good thing they're absorbing the sound of your footsteps, what if these people are... dangerous?