Chapter 17: Acceptance and Embrace

That night, you ended up deciding to spend the night.

Walking back through Snowdin after falling into the lake wouldn't be a really wise decision, and you wanted to avoid getting sick as much as possible.

Well, you were avoiding getting sick.

You assumed you were just flustered from being around Papyrus and him caring for you so well after falling the lake, but it felt like you had a fever coming on.

"I better text Toriel so she knows I'm spending the night- crap." You sighed, your head hitting the back of the couch.

"WHAT'S WRONG?" Papyrus asked, confused.

"My phone got soaked when I fell in the lake, could one of you tell her for me?" You asked.

"IT'D BE MY PLEASURE! SHOULD I TELL HER ABOUT...?" He asked, nervously referring to the accident.

"Nah she'll just come over running and I don't want her putting herself in danger or something!" You laughed, waving it off, "Just tell her I'm gonna be spending the night."

Though you were hot, the air hitting your skin felt really cold, pulling the blanket closer to yourself.

"You sure you're ok? Uh, sure you don't wanna tell Toriel about it?" Sans asked worriedly.

"I'm all good! Just some left-over chills from the lake, it's no biggie! Anyways, should we play a game or something to pass time before bed?" You asked.

Papyrus looked up from his phone excitedly, after texting Toriel.

"OH! I HAVE JUST THE GAME!" Papyrus said, running to his room to grab said game.

Looking over to Sans, you both made eye contact for a moment before turning away awkwardly.

"So, what'cha gonna do once you get to the surface?" Sans asked, looking over to Papyrus' room.

You shrugged your shoulders.

"Not sure. It'd be nice to get a place with Papyrus! Somewhere not too close to any cities or anything though. I would like to live somewhere close to the Underground. What about you?" You asked.

"Not sure. Might stay here. Who knows?" Sans shrugged too.

"You won't go back to working as a doctor any time soon?" You asked.

"Doctor? Oh... Dr. Gaster was a scientist, but... maybe. It is my strong suit after all. That, and working with the queen and king as the judge." Sans said.

"I wonder what Paps would wanna do." You said, your mind beginning to run with thoughts.

"He wants a race car. I'm guessing he'd like to try living in a place with roads and such? A city?"

"Race car? Oh. I guess that would require a city or somewhere with roads. Guess I'll be moving to a city with Paps!" You laughed.

"You'd really be willing to give up on where you wanna be to live with Paps?" Sans asked curiously.

You nodded, "He's my sun, and makes me the happiest person in the world. Why wouldn't I want to stay with him?"

Hearing a gasp, you turn to see Papyrus looking at you with an orange tinted face, holding a deck of cards.

"S-SUN? WOWIE! WHAT A COMPLIMENT! IF I'M YOUR SUN, YOU'RE MY WORLD!" Papyrus exclaimed, overwhelmed with joy.

"Careful Paps, you'll drop the cards." Sans said, relaxed in the recliner.

"Aw Paps you're gonna out-compliment me!" You laughed, "By the way, what game did you find?"

"UNO! UNDYNE AND I FOUND IT IN THE DUMP AND CLEANED IT UP! IT IS A WONDERFUL GAME!" He smiled, setting seven cards on each of your laps, and sitting next to you.