Chapter 9: Bake Off!

The boat ride over was very relaxing, but you had to take off your winter coat as you entered hotland. It was sweltering!

Papyrus got off, helping you off next.

"Thanks Paps! So, this is the place?" You asked, looking up at the large and glamorous hotel.

"INDEED! LET'S GET YOU INSIDE, IT IS MUCH TOO WARM OUT HERE!" He announced, taking your winter coat from your arms and holding your hand.

As Papyrus led you into the building, you couldn't help but be dazzled by the lights and pristinely waxed tile floor. There was even a beautiful fountain in the center!

"Wow Paps! This place is gorgeous!" You said happily, noticing a large 'on air' sign ahead of you both, currently off.

"Is that where he hosts his show?" You added as you both headed towards the double doors.

"YES! I HAVE OUT TICKETS RIGHT HERE!" Papyrus said, showing his tickets to the doorman, letting you both through.

Since the seats were reserved by ticket, you didn't have to worry about fighting for them. Papyrus somehow managed to get you both center and front row seats!

"How did you manage to snag these seats?" You asked Papyrus, looking around you at the other viewers.

"I DO COME OFTEN WHEN I HAVE FREE TIME! I'M METTATON'S BIGGEST FAN!" Papyrus said with excitement.

"Mettaton does seem like a pretty cool guy!" You replied, getting comfortable in the seat.

"JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE HIS NEW MODEL! HE WAS GETTING SOME MAINTENANCE RECENTLY SO HE HAD TO USE HIS BOXY FORM... YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO SEE WHAT HE USUALLY LOOKS LIKE!" He laughed.

"Eh?" You said, tilting your head in confusion.

Suddenly the lights in the audience dimmed, and the stage curtains pulled back slowly to reveal a kitchen set with stainless steel appliances.

"Hello lovelies!" A voice came from the left side of the stage, a high heeled sparkly pink boot sticking out from behind the end of the curtain.

Suddenly waltzed in... Mettaton? He looked fabulous! It was a shock to see him look so different, and wearing such a frilly pink apron. You were a little jealous to be honest, he had so much courage being up there every day!

"Welcome back to Cooking with a Robot!" He announced with a dramatic pose, a sign slowly lowering from the back of the stage.

It was a neon sign with the words 'Cooking with a Killer Robot' on it, but Killer was unlit... purposefully?

"For today's show, we will be picking someone randomly from the audience to go head-to-head with yours truly!" Mettaton said, posing dramatically again.

Random lights began to flicker around the rows of seats, aiming directly at a one seat then flickering to the next, seemingly searching to select a seat.

You laughed, whispering to Papyrus, "I like it when he poses like that, it's so theatrical!"

Suddenly a bright light shot into your eyes and you quickly shielded them.

The light stopped on you, your heart stopping for a second.

"You are the lucky contestant! Come, come!" Mettaton spoke out, walking over to the edge of the stage and holding out a hand for you.

You nervously looked between Papyrus and Mettaton, before Papyrus put a hand on your shoulder and gave you an ensuring nod with a wide smile on his face.