Chapter 15: A Sleep Over, and a Slip Down

After reading Papyrus his bedtime story, you covered your flushed face with the book, remembering you had to bunk with him tonight.

"BUTTERCUP? IS SOMETHING WRONG?" Papyrus asked, slowly pulling down the book, revealing your red face.

"YOU'RE RED! WHAT'S WRONG?" He asked, grabbing your shoulders softly.

"I.. I have to bunk with you tonight.." You said nervously.

Quickly, Papyrus' face glowed a bright orange, "AH! W-WHY SO?"

"Uh, there wasn't a prepared room for Asriel, so he's bunking with his sister.. Chara. In my room." You admitted.

Papyrus nodded, quickly putting away the book and scooting over in his bed, patting the empty space.

Reluctantly, you crawled into bed next to him.

As you pulled the covers up, you saw Papyrus was just as nervous about this as you are.

"D-Don't worry," you said, turning off the bedside lamp, "I don't plan to do any, uh, funny stuff!"

Papyrus' face quickly became brighter, pretty much lighting the room on its own at this point.

Before you could say anything else, Papyrus gave you a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight! It's.. pleasant to have you here! No need to worry about that!" He whispered, a big smile on his face.

You laughed, getting comfortable and covering part of your face with the blanket.

"You surprise me every day Paps." You whispered back, closing your eyes and quickly falling asleep.

Waking up, you went to turn over and get up, realizing you're being held closely in Papyrus' arms - against his chest.

Feeling it rise up and down as he breathed slowly only made you want to go back to sleep more. Selfishly, you raised your other arm over him, absorbing the comfort of the moment.

He smelled sweet, like brown sugar, but there was also a tangy scent you couldn't quite place. Floral? It was more like... a citrus scent.

Just as you were about to fall back asleep, you felt yourself being moved slowly and carefully back to your side of the bed, before Papyrus' weight slowly left off the mattress.

Opening your eyes, you quickly grabbed the sleeve of his pajama shirt, surprising him.

"AH!" He screamed, turning to see you've grabbed him.

"Oh! Sorry! I- I just- I was enjoying.. the- the hug?" You stuttered over your words, not knowing what kind of courage took over you to admit such a thing.

"O-OH! I WAS.. SURPRISED. NOT IN A BAD WAY, OF COURSE! I.. ENJOYED IT TOO." He said, his face flushing orange again like last night, "GOOD.. MORNING?" 

"G-Good morning!" You quickly let go of his sleeve, getting up and fixing the bed, "We should eat! Yeah! Uh, and we have a date today... and we'll meet up with Sans after!"

You and Papyrus stared at each other for a moment before you realized why he was standing there.

He still had to get dressed for the day.

"Oh! Sorry I- I'll go get ready too! Haha!" Quickly you ran out of the room, bumping immediately into Asriel and Chara.

"Ah-Sorry- WAIT! Were you two-" You started as they quickly ran off downstairs, "HEY! Ugh.. that's.. embarrassing."

Getting dressed and carrying your winter gear along side, you made your way downstairs to the dining hall, Papyrus and the others already there.

Thankfully, Papyrus waited for you and hasn't touched his plate yet. At least there'd be someone left at the table to eat with before starting your day.