Chapter 8: Date, Commence!

Undyne and the others sat in the living room, chatting happily.

You and Papyrus are still in the kitchen looking out in the living room, having recently prepared a cup of cocoa for Undyne and the others again.

"By the way, Papyrus, are you alright?" You asked, turning to him.

"EH? WHY DO YOU ASK?" He questions.

"I've never heard you use that tone before, when you shouted at Undyne..." You replied, "Well, and when I threw you out of the way."

"AH..." He spoke, stopping.

The two of you sat in silence for a moment, peering back out into the living room.

"I WAS ANGRY. I... AM ALSO ASHAMED I LET YOU ALMOST GET HURT." He started, "I AM SUPPOSED TO BE A ROYAL GUARD BUT... I WAS SCARED."

You smile softly, feeling empathetic for Papyrus. Carefully you rest your hand on his arm.

"Paps, royal guards can be scared. Being scared doesn't make you weak, but protecting those you care about shows strength." You commented, "You stood in front of me, ready to take the hit for me. That's true bravery."

Papyrus quickly turned his face away from you, but the bright orange was still very evident from this angle. 

You laughed, turning back to the living room.

"I'm thinking about moving to Snowdin. What do you think?" You ask him.

"REALLY?! THAT WOULD BE SPECTACULAR! I WOULD LOVE TO SHOW YOU AROUND, MAYBE EVEN ASSIST IN YOUR SEARCH FOR A HOME!" Papyrus said, grabbing your hands with excitement.

"I would love that! I'm sure you know everything there is about Snowdin, and maybe a good place to settle?" You replied, gently tightening your hands around his.

"THERE IS A LOVELY PLACE UNUSED NOT TO FAR THROUGH THE FOREST LINE... I PASS BY IT OFTEN ON MY PATROLS", he replied, "THERE'S A NICE FLAT HERE TOO FOR ICE SKATING... AND GRILLBY'S ISN'T... HORRIBLE." 

Looking into your eyes, he looks down at his hands to see he is still holding yours.

"AH! SORRY!" He quickly lets them go.

You laugh, warmth rising in your cheeks, "It's ok Papyrus, you got excited! I completely understand."

Papyrus nods, clearing his throat, "AH.. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I SHOWED YOU AROUND THE OTHER PARTS OF THE UNDERGROUND TOO?"

"That sounds fantastic Pap! I've always wondered what the rest of the underground is like. Is it all a wintery landscape?" You asked, your eyes lighting up.

"OF COURSE NOT! JUST FURTHER OF SNOWDIN IS WATERFALL, THEN THE HOTLANDS, AND NEW HOME - WHERE THE KING RESIDES." He started, "WELL, THE FIRST TWO SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES, BUT NEW HOME IS A LOT LIKE THE RUINS."

You nod, "So Waterfall has waterfalls, and Hotland is hot?"

"PRECISELY SO!" He responded joyfully.

Suddenly laughter bursts out from the living room.

Turning your head from your conversation with Papyrus, you see they are watching a show about... a robot? Is that the one they talked about earlier being Alphys' robot? Maybe there's more than one robot in the underground, or a race of robot monsters?

"What's going on?" You ask, walking into the living room, interested.

"Ha! Mettaton has the king as a guest on the show right now, as a guest speaker! One thing led to another, and BOOM! Pie in the face!" Flowey gasped for air, laughing again.