Chapter 59

I am standing in the lobby of my parents building... I am nervous... Yesterday i had another late-night show with Stephen Colbert... It went great... Scott was with me supporting me sitting in the audience and when Colbert asked questions about the content of the book i diplomatically answered... Because Colbert his show was pre-taped Scott and i went to dinner afterwards... It was nice and i was happy Scott didn't bring up Chris... It was like nothing had happened and we just laughed and had great conversations and most of all we had fun... 

But now i was standing in the lobby of my parent's place waiting for the elevator... My parents had managed to make some time free for me... The elevator doors open and i stepped in pressing for the penthouse and took a deep breath as the elevator made its way up... 

I stepped out of the elevator and took another deep breath walking to their front door and i hesitated a moment before ringing the doorbell. After a few second the door opens and to my surprise it is dad opening the door instead of mom...

"Hey dad..." I say hugging him and he hugs me back... "Hello sweetheart... We saw you on Colbert last night..." He says and i smile... "You did?" I ask and he nods... "Yes, you were the best guest he ever had..." Dad says smiling and i dont know how to respond to this sudden uncharacteristically complimentary behavior... "Thank you..." I say softly and smile... "Your mom is cooking..." He says with a smirk and i look at him shocked... "Mom is cooking...?" I say and he nods... "What is going on... What is happening... Who is dying..." I say as he takes my coat hanging it up for me... Dad laughs as i still in shock feeling like i have stepped into the twilight zone. 

All of a sudden, his eyes fall on my belly, and he looks at me shocked... I had put on a dress showing off my belly... I had gotten dressed right before i was supposed to leave so i could my coat over it in the bedroom hiding it from Scott... He would not be home when i would be back as he was going to a friend's house for a birthday party... 

"Evelyn!!!" He yells still looking at me in shock... My mother appears in one of her colorful outfits and i chuckle as she is covered in food i can only imagine what the kitchen will look like... "What!? Oh, hello sweetheart..." She says hugging me and she starts talking about dinner and dad rolls his eyes... "Evelyn... Look down..." He says annoyed and mom looks at me and all of a sudden, her eyes grow wide... "OMG... You are pregnant?!" She squeals and i am surprised at her reaction as i had not expected mom to be this excited... But i would not celebrate just yet i still have to tell them i was going to do it alone and that i was moving... 

After hugging and whatnot i told them i would like to talk to them and they looked at me a little scared as kept a serious face... While i helped ma with dinner i told them everything and about my plans... They were sad for me... But surprisingly supportive... It felt so different... I really started to wonder if they were alright... 

I showed them pictures of the house and mom loved it... I showed dad the plans for the house, and we had a discussion about costs, and he asked me if i needed money to which i had chuckled and told him i was good... Dad never shows much emotion but his way to show support and love had always been to make sure i had everything i wanted and needed... I told him i had everything covered and that i would love for them to come visit when the house was done... Which they promised... I told them about the little town and the sweet people saying i fell in love with it immediately and mom smiled and said that it sounded lovely...

I came home tired but happy that they took everything so well... Still i wondered who they were and what had they done to my parents... But i was nice... I walk to my office and check my email and smile as the day after tomorrow the movers would come to take my stuff to the storage box i had rented in Violethill... 

Tomorrow i would pack up what i wanted to take with me. I had done some stuff today and it was more than i had expected... I sigh and get changed and install myself on the couch with a snack. I had less problems with staying here as i kept in mind that i was leaving in a few days... My phone rang and seeing it was Seb i answered... 

We talked for a bit... They had watched my TV appearances and Seb told me how proud he was and that he couldn't wait to read it... To my surprise he did not mention Chris which made me a little more relaxed as the conversation had an awkward start. I still had not decided what to do with Seb... There would come a time i had to tell him about the baby... But for now, only my parents knew and i was fine with that especially because they were so happy about the baby... Mom told me she was going to make paintings for in the nursery which was an idea i loved... I also showed her a picture of the living room with the question is she could make a big painting for above the couch... She was more than happy to do so... After i hung up i took a deep breath and enjoyed the peace and quiet... I loved the serene and i know that if i tell either Scott, Seb or Chris all hell would break lose and i was not ready for that yet.

In a few days i would fly to Washington for my first book reading and signing... I was nervous but excited... The movie ends and i start to get ready for bed when the doorbell rings...