xix (part 1)│under the stars, i became yours

Start from the beginning

"You fool," she chuckled, letting her head back to laugh with no fear and no restrictions.

"My lady, you cannot return your purchase, this fool is yours till the day there is no more air in her lungs."

"No," she whispered, her hands wrapping around Nayeli's neck," You are mine in this life, and all that comes after. "

"Your wish is my command, my lady."

 A blush spread through Zaira's face, her mind failing to find a retort to those flirtatious words.

"Who are you?"

"You caught me. My name is not actually Nayeli Iman Kader," her hand left Zaira's waist to cover her traitorous smile," I have stalked since the moment of your conception-"

"And this is the fool I decided to fall for."

"Do you," she paused, her mind jumping to conclusions," regret it, ya amar?"

Zaira's heart dropped at the vulnerable tone of  her normally confident partner. In reality, she was scared. Scared at how fast she had grown to trust this woman. Scared at how little she truly knew about this girl who she had now sworn to be give her heart to.  It was unnerving, and it felt like the ground underneath her feet could crumble at any moment and leave her crushed in its wake.

"I, " she whispered, trying to find the words that fit the feelings in her heart,"am afraid, my love."

Her hands founds its way up to Nayeli's cheeks, cupping her face and staring into those tender eyes, hoping that all the feelings in her heart could be transferred with just the look in her eyes.

"Of me?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because your actions do not follow logic. I know your name, title and face but heavens above, I do not know you."

"Would you like to?"

"Yes..."

"How much do you want to know?"

"Whatever makes you, you. I want to know it all."

"Even if takes the whole night?"

"I think...I would like to know all of you even it takes my whole life."

Tears began to form in Nayeli's eyes as she felt every ounce of sincerity behind Zaira's words. It felt as though the woman took a sledgehammer to all the barriers she kept. It was strange. She felt oddly seen. Pushing herself up, she grabbed Zaira and pulled her close, burying her face in the woman's plentiful chest.

As if she could sense the pain and apprehension in her lovers mind, Zaira began to softly brush through her hair. The soft touch instantly calming Nayeli.

"My love, you need not say anymore, " she whispered as the fear in her heart finally began to calm, "We have our whole lives to get to know each other." 

****

TIME QUICKLY ECLIPSED THE PAIR AS DAYS WERE SPENT WITH SECRET TOUCHES AND WHISPERED CONFESSIONS. SLOWLY IT FELT AS THOUGH THE WORLD WAS NOT SO DARK AND THAT LOVE WAS MAYBE STILL IN THE BOOKS FOR THE PAIR. As the days and months passed them by, the responsibilities that they had brushed to the side due to their love escapades resurfaced. Assassination requests and trips back to Lebanon interfered with their budding romance but was not nearly enough to break the strong bond the two had forged.

Instead, it brought joyous reunions filled with kisses between the sheets and declarations of love.

Today was one such reunion; Nayeli had returned for a brief weekend break after a three month long business trip in the Eastern peninsula discussing arms deals.