𝐗𝐈𝐕⎥shakespearean tragedy

ZAIRA WAS NOT SURE HOW SHE HAD ENDED UP IN THIS SITUATION. Nayeli's warm hand in hers caused her heartbeat to skyrocket, the concern that filled her beautiful eyes made her want to melt into a puddle of nothingness. She was drowning in a sea of her thoughts & fears, and the hand that enveloped hers was like a net cast into it, swallowing her up before dragging her to the surface. The net had saved her from the onslaught of her mind, yet it had trapped her in the gaze of the woman before her, ridding all her defenses and leaving Zaira vulnerable to Nayeli's powerful gaze.

Nayeli cast a worried glance toward Cyra, silently conversing with her as their two companions seemed to have fallen prey to their minds. The lingering eyes seemed to effect Zaira and Ehsan more than the other two, causing them to retreat back to the depths of themselves. The waitress awkwardly stood there, nervous eyes shifting between the occupants of the table. The group was far more rigid and intimidating that even her nonna after the woman did not tell her she was getting married. But the fear of losing her job if she fucked up, kept her rooted to the floor.

It seemed as if Nayeli had made her mind as she turned toward the nervous waitress, her hand clutching Zaira's even harder, "I have changed my mind, we shall take the meal with us rather than sit here and eat."

"Y-Yes, Signora," the woman nervously swallowed, clearly intimidated by the group, "Would you like to change your order?"

All eyes fell immediately on Zaira, the others already having a decision ready in their mind. Zaira slightly nodded to them before steeling herself to face the waitress,"No."

The words came out more forceful than she intended it to, the waitress flinching at the sharp response, immediately scuttling away from the table. The others found it hilarious, a fact that they did not bother to hide as their hard exterior cracked for a moment as a sly smile snuck up onto each of their faces. A glance at their amused faces was enough to make Zaira relax a little, the overwhelming anxiety she felt seemed to dissipate back to the slight cloud that hovered over her, rather than consume her like before.

"I sincerely apologize, Zaira, I dragged you here and it has not turned out to be the most enjoyable experience," Nayeli whispered, giving Zaira's hand a squeeze as she gazed deeply into Zaira's eyes. 

There was a hint of regret in Nayeli's beautiful eyes, the steel mask that covered her eyes were gone, leaving her utterly bare. It was the raw honesty that Nayeli displayed that caused Zaira's walls to shatter. In a world where deceit was the only constant, honesty was both a flaw and a weapon. 

"You do have an opportunity to redeem yourself," drawled Zaira, smirking at the woman with a new found confidence fueling her.

"Tell me my lady, what it is you desire and your wish shall be granted," she said, relief oozing through the pores of each word.

Zaira fondly looked at the woman, shaking her head slightly at her attempts to charm her.

"I shall be merciful and only ask for you to redo this breakfast date."

"The memory of this date shall reside in your heart for eternity," Nayeli declared, triumphantly grinning at the beauty before her," I can promise you that, ya amar,"

Zaira simply chuckled, softly patting Nayeli's cheek,"That is for me to decide."