xix (part 1)│under the stars, i became yours

* some parts have been removed in order to break this ending into two chapters but if you have read this chapter already , there is no need to read it. stay tuned because in a bit I will explain some things and give you all more info *

THE MOON GLITTERED BRILLIANTLY IN THE NIGHT SKY, ITS PALE HUES LIT UP THE MASTERPIECE THAT WAS HER LOVER. Though she knew close to nothing about her woman, the small moments she had spent with her were enough for Nayeli to know that she did not regret her declarations of love. The bold facade employed by Zaira, masked the sweet woman who Nayeli was truly smitten by. At first she was simply intrigued by the beautiful assassin, however that night when she held Zaira in her arms and simply experienced life without any reservations, that night nullified any doubt in her mind. Her heart which had been dutifully waiting, had finally found its owner.

There were no words needed, the two simply enjoyed each others company as they silently walked hand in hand away from Nayeli's car. Giddy feelings fluttered through them both as they relished in the warmth of their lover's presence. Nayeli carried the picnic materials she had prepared in anticipation of this moment, allowing Zaira to simply enjoy being pampered. In her heart she knew that if she asked, Nayeli would even carry her over to the spot they had picked out instead of letting her walk. She blushed furiously at the thought, stopping in her tracks. Nayeli paused as well, puzzled at the sudden change before she was hauled in for a quick kiss.

However just as quickly as it came, it was over, leaving Nayeli stunned as Zaira simply blushed and dragged her along to their spot on the grass. In quiet tension, they set up the picnic spot and began to unpack the various snacks that Nayeli prepared, hands brushing ever so slightly throughout the process. All the bravado the both of them donned as their armor had been stripped away in an unspoken agreement to simply enjoy the other's company with no teasing quips before they are forced to come back to reality. The night air was strangely cold, causing Zaira to shiver under the shade of the tree. Ever the observant lover, Nayeli quickly removed her shawl and wrapped tightly around Zaira. Her eyes unable to meet Zairas as she did so, a blush overtaking her face.

Zaira's heart fluttered at the action and the flustered look that overtook her lover. It felt as though she was truly seen for the first time in her life. Her hands reach out to grasp Nayeli's scarred ones, the contact causing their eyes to meet. They blushed fiercely with the giddyness of a teen with their first crush. But they did not pull away, no- they basked in the glow of the other and listened to their hearts. The same hearts that were thumping so loud, even the swaying of the trees were washed away in its wake.

✹✹✹✹

AS  TIME CONTINUED ITS CONSTANT TICKING, THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THEM BEGAN TO THAW. Inches became centimeters and centimeters became milimeters until there was no distance that separated them. Zaira lay protected by the solid warmth that Nayeli's bulkier figure provided, her head had found its way to Nayeli's chest, her eyes drifting off to watch the world around them while her fingers traced patterns on her lover's collarbone. Tears slipped out of her eyes, shining in the glow of the night sky like the finest pair of pearl earrings fit for a queen. The tears bore the weight of years of exhaustion; its escape liberating Zaira from the chains of the responsibility she carried.

"Ya amar," she whispered, her rough fingers moving from its place on Zaira's hips to brush away the tears,"who should I kill?"

Slowly, Zaira pushed herself up to sit on Nayeli's abs, her hands slipping down to broad shoulders, a smile spreading across her face. Her eyes found a great desert, one she could easily get lost in for hours. The desert soaked in the moonlight, the black hole in the center twinkling in mischief, sucking her in and not letting her go.