𝐗𝐈⎢Liquid Courage

ZAIRA FELT LIKE STRANGLING HERSELF THE MOMENT SHE WAS FORCED TO PICK HERSELF OFF THE FLOOR AND OUT OF HER PEACEFUL TIME FOR A MENTAL BREAKDOWN. It was rare for her to have these kinds of melt downs, but Nayeli wore down the gate that held back her emotions enough for it to break under the slightest pressure. And just like that the floodgates to her emotions were open and she just wanted to let it out. But her father decided to ruin it like like he has done constantly her whole life. 

But Zaira would not be broken. Her fingers were scarred from picking up the shards of her shattered self, but she was not broken. Her hands now held guns and knives as she toyed with peoples lives while her life was puppeteered by her dear father. Tonight, she lay down her usual disguise and instead chose a more subtle one.  

The black dress which she wore accentuated her ample breasts, clinging to her upper body as to show off her magnificent figure before widening out to flow down to her feet. It was a slight contrast to her usual form fitting dresses that rarely made it past her knees, though not by choice. Not that it mattered, she was still the most beautiful woman in the room, form fitting dress or not.  The expensive silk shone under the attention of the large chandelier, orchestrating the illumination of the large hall along with the torches that lined the walls.

It had been a while since the Di Fazio's had been welcomed into the Vicario Manor to enjoy their dinner. The dinner in question still hadn't arrived, the heads of the families continuing their stupid small talk that bored Zaira to the verge of death. She had not eaten anything since the fateful lunch with her (hopefully) future lover.

"-and so I shot him right between the eyes," Ciro Vicario bellowed, the other potbellied man who sat at the large table began to cackle in chorus. Causing Zaira to discreetly roll her eyes before downing the rest of the red wine in her glass, slightly slamming it against the table.

Fiero's eyes widened in alarm before he suddenly burst out laughing, attempting to cover up the loud thump. Silently, he begged Zaira to stop her blatant disrespect because it was becoming harder to cover it up. Already the others at the table believed he had a cold because he kept face sneezing to cover up Zaira's snorts in disgust. He already felt like he aged a hundred years in the twenty minutes he sat across from her.

Lazaro Di Fazio turned to face him, a cheeky grin showing off his slightly pointed teeth as he glowered with pride.

 "I see my son in-law has a sense of humor," he triumphantly exclaimed, Fiero almost chocking on his spit when he heard that.

Instantly, both Fiero and Zaira looked straight at each other, unease oozing off of their body. Both slumped slightly in their seats, fear filling Fiero's eyes as Zaira simply chuckled in resignation. She reached for her glass of wine only to find it empty, her grip on the cup tightening in an almost inhumane fashion. Fiero on the other hand, was 100% sure that he was about to die of embarrassment. He resented the alliance his family had proposed, after it was disgusting for him to marry Zaira, someone who he considered a sister. But he did not have the same courage as Zaira to blatantly show disrespect. Instead he chose to distract them as to hopefully make them forget about the marriage, which in all honesty, was frankly not going to happen.

"Signore, what is it you wish to discuss tonight?"

It was a well known thing that dinners arranged by the family would hold the utmost important conversations. It was why once the food came, all servants were sent out. Bottles of wine would be placed upon the table, available to all who finish their glasses - which happens rather frequently. Before the dinner, a handful of the most trusted servants would check the entire room for bugs or cameras that could have been planted, a tedious job yet a very crucial one.