𝐗𝐈𝐈⎢Illusion or Reality

*not fully written. i jus felt bad for being sooo late*

ZAIRA WANTED TO STRANGLE FIERO AND FOR ONCE IT WASN'T OUT OF ANGER. The knowledge absurd union of the two families through their marriage had loomed over her head for quite some time and for once, she felt as if the black cloud had dissipated. Freedom comes in many forms, but not once did she think the key to hers would be Fiero.

"Fiero, you oaf of a man, for once you have been useful," Zaira praised as she flopped down onto his plush king bed, the once neatly made bed littered with wrinkles from that action. 

Fiero chuckled in anxiety, the events of the dinner flashing back through his mind giving him slight PTSD. He shifted from his spot at the the doorway, slipping of his suit jacket as he did. 

"That is an erroneous statement my dear, I have been very useful on multiple occasions," he smirked, tossing a random pillow on the bed at her.

"Name one."

Fiero snorted, tossing his jacket onto the chair beside his desk before rolling up his sleeves,"Oh please, what about the time you broke your heel and I had to carry you all the way back to the car? Mind you, that was no easy task."

Zaira let out a muffled groan under the pillow, embarrassment washing over her as the memory of that event washed over her.

"That was one time Fiero," she spat, voice muffled,"You swore to never bring it up again."

"Zaira Di Fazio, everyone, the drama queen masquerading as my closest friend," Fiero dramatically stated, gesturing toward her as he mimed a microphone in which he bellowed into.

"Vicario," she whined, shoving the pillow harder into her face,"you mountainous idiot."

Fiero chuckled at her antics before plopping himself down on the vacant chair, staring off into space as his mind went back into the events of the day, finally allowing himself to let his guard down.

"And this is all said by the person who was dangerously close to getting stabbed by a fork,"he spat, steering the conversation back to the topic he had wanted to talk about in the first place.

"Like you have the guts to do that."

"Your father was though," Fiero paused before smirking to himself, " his gut is much larger than the average human."

Zaira could not help but cackle at the remark. It was true her father did have a slight beer belly, though not as much as they exaggerated. It was just a simple way to insult their fathers without it becoming too personal.

"Wait. You just referred to yourself as an average human?" Zaira jumped out of the bed, curiously looking at Fiero as if he was a specimen in a laboratory," By any chance, did your father hit you on the head a little harder today?

 Fiero smacked her hand that dared to wander to his perfectly styled hair, playfully glaring at her. Zaira's exhausted face portrayed mock hurt, staying for as long as she could hold it in. Before long the two burst into laughter, sheer happiness and the time were its causes. 

"We are free, Zaira. No thanks to you, but we are the bonds of marriage that are tied around us has slackened," his mocking tone fell off into a more somber one filled with sheer disbelief.