"He's always inviting us to his lake house to go birdwatching, but we never do it because it's, you know, birdwatching." Terry's face scrunched as he shrugged. "We could finally go."

"He would love that." Amy beamed.

"Wow, stabbed in the back by my own mom."

"What?"

"Wife! I said, wife! Why do you keep not hearing me? Whatever! Let's just do Terry's plan." Jake muttered, changing the subject.

~

It was now the next day, the squad stood outside the precinct packing their bags into Terry's car. "You know, I thought it over, and I gotta hand it to you guys: this trip is actually a really great idea." Jake bobbed his head, placing his hands on his hips.

"This is surprising. You're usually a lot more petulant when we don't go along with your schemes." Terry bounced.

"Stratagems." Jake corrected with both hands. "And I've grown up a lot, Terry."

"Uh, you do know there's no phone reception at the lake house."

"No!" Jake groaned, sinking into his knees. "How am I gonna catch Pokémon? It doesn't matter. It's a community event weekend, so..." He trailed off before huffing away as Y/N strolled up.

"Hey!" Y/N smiled, placing her luggage away.

"Hey!" Amy looked up from the car to Y/N.

"Wow, you're really prepared!" Y/N pointed out. "You got a pack-and-play, baby monitor, white noise machine...Wow!" She marveled at all of Amy's baby supplies. "This is a lot of stuff, Ames."

"Yeah, you can't be too careful, I bought 43 diapers!" Amy cocked her head.

"For one night?"

"Mac has a small bladder." Amy elaborated as she rearranged everything in the boot of the car. "Plus, once Jake and I are done with this baby stuff, Rosa and you can have it!"

Y/N's eyes widen as she hesitated, as Terry called out, "Last pee call! Go now! Terry isn't stopping on the way there." He said through his teeth with a small mutter.

"I gotta go to the bathroom," Y/N stated as she plonked the rest of her belonging in the boot.

"Okay. I'll save you a seat!" Amy exclaimed back to the girl. "I found a three-hour podcast on the letter 'W'! We can listen to it all of it on the way there." She squealed, Y/N gave an excited thumbs-up before rushing off to the bathroom.

"Hey, Rosa!" Amy beamed as the girl walks up to her.

"Hey. How long is the drive up there? I wanna time my edible so it kicks in right when we arrive." Rosa clutched onto her bag as Amy stood frozen. "What?"

"Nothing. It's cool. I'm not gonna tell anybody. I'm not a narc." Amy pointed to herself awkwardly with a nod.

"All right, you can tell people."

"Good, because I'm a narc."

"I'm not a cop anymore, and I have a prescription for anxiety, so it's legal." Rosa bobbed her shoulders. "It'll be good for when all the drama starts."

"Why do you think there's gonna be drama?"

"Oh, no, you're right. Whenever we go on one of these group trips everything's totally normal and there's never any big conflict." Rosa recalled the last few trips with the squad. "Anyway, I'm just gonna pop one of these right now for no reason." She places a tablet into her mouth.

"I'm not looking." Amy averts her eyes before turning back slowly. "So, what are you like when high?" She hesitates with the discussion.

"There are three levels. Horny, huggy, and hungry!" Rosa numbered as Amy stood there in silence before hesitating a weird noise. "And in that order."