28. Two Can Play

*edited*
Ella's Pov:

After what feels like forever the car finally stops and we arrive in front of a big white mansion that was like something out of a movie. I couldn't stop myself from looking out the window in awe, I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Xavier opens my door and puts his hand out for me to take and looked me up and down once more biting his bottom lip before sighing deeply, I wonder if he's still upset about the dress. I don't bother taking his hand and just stand beside him causing him to roll his eyes before roughly gripping my hand in his own.

" I'm warning you don't test me tonight little girl, it will not end well for you"

He whispers in my ear causing a shiver to go down my spine, as we walk towards the massive black double doors to the house where there are men in black suits guarding the door and pretty much the whole front of the house they look exactly like the men Xavier has working for him.

" Name"

The man at the door holding a clipboard says quickly.

" Xavier"

Xavier says quickly, the man says nothing and just nods his head towards the door which I'm guessing means go in. I was right as Xavier opens the door with me walking in behind him, I couldn't help myself but look around in amazement this really was like something out of a movie, we walk down a hallway that was filled with men and women dressed in expensive looking suits and dresses talking to one another with a drinks of champagne, wine or whisky in their hands. We reach the end of the hallway it opens up to what honestly looked to be a ballroom with a stage right up the front with some music playing that I didn't pay much attention to, people danced to the music in front of the stage some with partners others by themselves, there were at least one hundred plus tables with black table cloths on them surrounding the stage and the dance floor filled with even more people then in the halls, there was a buffet on one end of the room filled with all different kinds of finger foods and on the other end of the room was a dark wood bar, and walking within the sea of people were men and women dressed in black and white with trays of drinks or food in their hands.

" Hi guys"

Grayson says pulling me out of my thoughts standing in front of us his arm around Bella who is wearing a dark red dress with a v-shaped neckline that shows off her upper chest while the rest of the dress hugs her body perfectly.

" You look hot"

Bella whispers as Grayson and Xavier start talking about something we don't bother paying attention to.

" Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself"
I say causing us both to burst out laughing.

" Want to go get a drink?"

She questions, I say nothing just nod my head yes. She turns and whispers something to Grayson who then tells Xavier something before turning back to the two of us nodding his head. Bella quickly takes my hand in hers and we walk over to the bar, sitting down on the stools beside one another.

" What can I get you tonight?"

The bartender questions standing in front of us, causing Bella to look over at me.

" Something strong"

I say simply, she says something to the bartender but I don't even listen searching the crowd for Xavier to see him surrounded by a group of men talking causing me to roll my eyes before looking back over to Bella sighing dramatically.

" What's up buttercup?"

Bella questions handing me a shot of vodka which I quickly down even though it burns my throat, only causing her to stare at me more.