Chapter 43: Christmas Break

Four days before Christmas, we still hadn't decided where to go for the holidays. We all wanted to go somewhere special, but we couldn't agree on a destination. Then, Flynn suggested New York City. "It's the perfect place to celebrate the new year," she said.

Everyone agreed, and we immediately booked our tickets. Mik's job at the airport helped us get a good deal on the flights. I was excited because I had never been to Manhattan before.

When we arrived, we were all in awe of the city. The skyscrapers were so tall that they seemed to touch the sky. We took a cab to the Ritz-Carlton, where Wyatt had booked us two luxurious rooms for two weeks. I couldn't believe how expensive it was, but Wyatt insisted on paying for everything as his Christmas gift to us.

The rooms were breathtaking, fit for royalty. After freshening up, we went to bed since it was already late. I kissed Wyatt, feeling so grateful for everything he had done for us. We were all crazy in love, and it felt like we were living in a dream.

The next morning, we woke up early and decided to explore the city. Our first stop was Central Park, where we took a carriage ride and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. After that, we walked to Times Square, which was even more magnificent than I had imagined. The bright lights and tall buildings were awe-inspiring.

We spent the whole day exploring the city, and I couldn't believe how much there was to see and do. We had lunch at a famous deli, went shopping at a high-end department store, and even took a boat tour of the city. As the sun began to set, we made our way back to the hotel.

That night, we decided to go out for dinner. We asked the hotel's concierge for recommendations, and he suggested a restaurant with a view of the city skyline. We got dressed up, I wore a champagne sequin bodycon dress. We took a cab to the restaurant, which was located on the top floor of a skyscraper.

The view was breathtaking, and the food was even better. We ordered steak, lobster, and a variety of sides. We drank champagne and laughed the night away. It was the perfect way to end our first day in New York.

After dinner, we headed back to the hotel. Mik and Flynn decided to spend some time with us in our suite. "Girls night!" Mik exclaimed. "Just the two of us."

Wyatt and I exchanged amused glances, and the boys protested, "Why can't we join?"

I grinned mischievously. "Well, you could, but you'd have to become girls for the night."

Flynn laughed nervously. "I don't know about that."

But Mik was intrigued. "Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. We could give you guys makeovers and you could spend a day as girls."

Mik excitedly explained, "We give you guys makeovers, and you spend a day as girls!" Wyatt quickly interjected, "Oh no way we are spending a day in drag." But Mik and I begged and pleaded with them, promising to do anything they want us to do for a month if they agreed to the makeover. Eventually, they gave in, and we all laughed at the thought of spending a day as girls.

As Mik and Flynn went back to their room to sleep, I could tell Mik was just as excited as I was for the makeover. I couldn't help but think back to how I became Olive after a similar circumstance, and it felt kind of funny.