Chapter 27: Date night

As I worked at the front desk of the airport, I couldn't shake the feeling of confusion and doubt that had settled in my mind. Had I made a mistake by kissing Wyatt? Did that mean I wasn't really into Mik like I thought I was? My thoughts were interrupted by Mik's concerned voice.

"What's going on?" she asked, eyeing me with worry.

I tried to brush it off with a smile. "Nothing, just a lot on my mind."

After our shift was over, we headed back to our apartment, only to run into Flynn on the stairs. He gave me a sly grin and called me a "naughty girl," a reference to my kiss with Wyatt. Mik saw her chance and asked Flynn out on a date. To my surprise, he eagerly accepted.

As we reached our apartment, Wyatt called out to me. Mik made an excuse and went inside, leaving me alone with Wyatt. We talked for a few minutes and eventually agreed to officially start dating.

Later that night, we went out to dinner and a movie. I wore a red knee length dress. After our date we strolled home hand in hand. The cold breeze blew, and Wyatt offered me his jacket like a true gentleman. As we reached his room, we couldn't resist kissing each other passionately. In the heat of the moment, Wyatt asked if we should take it further, but I knew I couldn't.

"I'm sorry," I said, pulling away. "I'm just not feeling well."

Wyatt was understanding and didn't push the issue. As I lay in bed that night, I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. I needed some time alone to clear my head.

The next day was our day off, so I decided to take a walk alone. As I walked, my mind raced with thoughts of confusion and doubt. Was I really into Wyatt? Did that mean I wasn't into Mik like I thought I was? I needed to figure things out before I made any more mistakes.