Chapter 16: Late night Clubbing

To celebrate my brand deal, I decided to take Mik on a spa date as a thank you for being supportive. We did girly stuff, which was kind of uncomfortable for me at first, but I got used to it. We did a mani-pedi, had a massage, got a makeover, and also got our nails done.

Later that night, I was planning to take Mik out clubbing. We went out with some of Mik's other friends who were slowly becoming my friends too. I wore a short Beige backless dress and black heels. We were drinking and partying all night, and guess who we ran into? It was Randall again. I tried to avoid him, but he caught up with us. I really couldn't catch a break.

"Hey there, Olive, long time no see," he said with a smirk.

"Hey, Randall. I'm actually kind of busy right now," I said, trying to avoid any further conversation.

"Oh, come on. Don't be like that. Let me buy you a drink," he said, not taking the hint.

"Uh, sure, okay," I said hesitantly.

As we continued drinking, I could feel the alcohol starting to hit me hard. I was getting drunk, and my judgement was becoming impaired. Before I knew it, Randall was asking me out again, and in my drunken state, I said yes. We continued drinking, and Randall started to get too comfortable with me. He leaned in for a kiss, and in my inebriated state, I didn't push him away. Instead, I made out with him.

I wasn't ever attracted to men but that kiss made me feel different. We made out for minutes and he started getting a bit too touchy which is where I drew the line.

I called an Uber to take us home after a night of heavy drinking at the club. My head was spinning and my vision was blurred, but Michaela seemed to be handling it better than me. She helped me into the car, and I slumped down onto the seat.

As we drove, I kept thinking about how I had made out with Randall the night before. I couldn't believe I had been so foolish. Michaela must have noticed the look on my face because she asked, "Are you okay?"

"I made a huge mistake last night," I muttered. "I kissed Randall."

Michaela's eyebrows shot up. "Randall? As in, the guy who you're supposed to be avoiding?"

I nodded, feeling guilty and ashamed.

"You know that's not a good idea," Michaela said, her voice gentle but firm. "You're not ready for a relationship right now, especially not with someone like him."

I knew she was right, but it still stung to hear it out loud. "I know," I said, "I messed up."