Chapter 30: Jake

It had been a few days since I returned from Sweden and things were going well. I had resumed my regular routine with Mik and Wyatt, going to work, hitting the gym, and having dinner together. However, things were about to change.

One evening, we returned home from work to find a man sitting outside our house with a box of his belongings. As we approached him, we realised that it was Jake, Mik's brother. I had met Jake a few times before, and I always found him a bit creepy. He had a crush on me, and he would often touch me inappropriately whenever I was around him. I hadn't mentioned this to Mik yet because I didn't want to cause any problems.

Mik was surprised to see Jake there and asked him, "What are you doing here?" Jake replied, "Mom kicked me out of the house." Mik was taken aback and asked why. When she called her mother, she was told to ask Jake himself. Mik then turned to Jake and asked him what was going on.

Jake explained that their dad had caught him smoking pot, but he had promised not to do it again. Mik tried to convince her mother to let Jake move back in, but she refused, saying that she would only cooperate once he decided to change.

Mik was upset and didn't know what to do. She turned to me and asked, "What do you think we should do?" I replied, "Well, I think we should help him. He's family, and he needs us right now." Mik nodded and said, "You're right. We can't just leave him out here."

We helped Jake move his belongings inside, and Mik made him a bed on the couch. We spent the evening talking and catching up with him. I tried to avoid being alone with Jake and kept a safe distance from him. However, as the night progressed, I could feel his eyes on me, and I knew that he was still interested in me.

As we got ready for bed, Mik and I discussed our options. She didn't want to leave Jake alone in the house, but she also didn't want to be around him too much. I suggested that we ask Wyatt to stay with us for a few nights until things calmed down. Mik agreed, and we decided to call Wyatt in the morning.

The next day, we went to work as usual, but Mik was distracted. She kept checking on Jake, making sure that he was okay.

I felt uncomfortable with him living with us. I confided in Michaela about my concerns, but I didn't want to cause any problems, so I didn't mention anything to anyone else.

One evening, we decided to invite Wyatt and Flynn, over for dinner to introduce them to Jake. While Michaela and I were in the kitchen preparing the meal, the guys were out watching football. I couldn't help but feel uneasy around Jake, and the fact that he was living with us was starting to take its toll.

As we sat down for dinner, I noticed Jake was sitting too close to me and kept brushing against me. I tried to move away discreetly, but he persisted. Wyatt noticed the way Jake was touching me and could see the discomfort on my face. Suddenly, Wyatt stood up, his face turning red with anger.

"What the hell are you doing, Jake?" he bellowed.

Everyone froze, unsure of what to do or say. Michaela tried to calm Wyatt down, but he was already fuming. I could feel the tension rising in the room as Wyatt continued to shout at Jake, demanding that he leave the house and never come back.

Jake, taken aback by the sudden outburst, tried to defend himself, but it was no use. He packed his belongings and left without a word. Michaela was beside herself, apologising for her brother's behaviour and for the scene that had just unfolded.

As the night came to a close, we all felt a sense of relief that Jake was gone, but the tension in the air lingered.