42

TRISTAN

I shut my eyes tightly hoping that I'll wake up and it will all be a nightmare. But it wasn't. Olivia just left. And I just broke up with her. It was the only way. I would love her regardless but if I wanted to live with her until we're gray and old then this is what I have to do. I have to find her a reason to get sober and I hope that I'm good enough to be that reason.

Clenching my fists tightly, I eventually leave the back room and attempt to find my way out of the stupid bar. My friend did own the bar however the real reason I found out that Olivia came here was because I may have put a tracker in her phone. It was for safety purposes only and if Olivia was to ever find out, she will kill me.

I leave the bar but I notice Olivia waiting outside alone, her phone pressed against her ear. I had no doubt she was on the phone with Sebastian. I didn't care. I had some sort of trust in Sebastian, he wouldn't hurt Olivia and he also wouldn't try anything with her. He's too obsessed with Ava to try anything with Olivia.

I wait until I see Sebastian's car in front of the bar and Olivia gets inside. I could see how upset she was and my heart hurt at the idea that I did that to her.

He drives away and I walk back to my apartment alone.

•••

OLIVIA'S POV

Sebastian passes me a glass of water and I take it gratefully. "Then what happened?"

"Then he broke up with me." I whisper, a tear running down my cheek. "I understand why but it hurts. I still love him."

"Olivia he's doing this because he loves you. You need to get sober and I'll help you with that."

I nod my head. I look down at my clothes. "Do you have any spare clothes?"

He nods.

He leaves for a while and returns with a pair of grey sweatpants and a white shirt. "Ava's clothes." he mutters under his breath.

I lightly smile. "Will you ever tell me what's going on between you two?"

His cheeks tint red. "Nothing's going on between us." he says.

"Oh really?" I ask, raising a brow.

He doesn't reply. I'll definitely ask Ava about this the next time I see her.

Someone knocks on his front door and Sebastian's brows furrow in confusion as do mine. "Expecting someone?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Not that I know of." he mutters, walking to the door.

Less than a second later, a woman's voice fills the air. "Sebastian you manipulative, scheming, asshole with no-"

She sees me and freezes. "Oh hi Olivia." Ava smiles.

"Hey." I reply, waving my hand awkwardly.

She turns around to Sebastian, who was watching her with amusement. He attempts to hide his smile but he fails miserably.

"What can I do for you, my little liar?" he asks.

She clears her throat. "I didn't know you had a guest."

Oh shit. This got awkward really quickly. I stand up and head in the direction of the guest bedroom.

"Wait." Ava says.

I turn around to look at her. "Are you okay?" she asks.

I nod my head.

"She's going through a breakup, dumbass," Sebastian mumbles to her.

She whips her head back at him to glare. "I'll stay with you, Olivia."

"You don't-"

"I want to." she cuts me off, smiling. "I'm your friend. That's what friends do."

She turns to Sebastian. "And for you. Call off this engagement or so help me God I will kill you."

Engagement?

"You love me too much to kill me." he says, shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't love you at all asshole."

He smirks at her before looking at me. "I'll start teaching you tomorrow Olivia. Go to sleep." he says.

I nod my head and leave the room. I change into the clothes he gave me and a few seconds later, Ava knocks and walks in.

"Still awake?" she asks.

I nod my head. "What's going on with you, Olivia?"

"Tristan and I broke up." I murmur.

She gives me a sympathetic look and I explain to her what happened. "He's doing this because he loves you. People do crazy things for love." she murmurs.

Something tells me she's not only talking about me and Tristan.

"What's going on with Sebastian? Are you two together?" I ask.

She grimaces. "God no. Can you imagine dating that?" she says, scoffing.

"What engagement were you talking about?"

Her chin trembles as if she was going to cry and I regret even asking that question. "I have to marry him," she whispers. "I don't want to."

I raise a brow. "Is he forcing you?" I ask, my tone harsher than usual.

Sebastian never gave me the vibe of forcing a woman to do something she didn't want to but Ava looked frightened.

"Not him. It's too complicated to explain."

I nod my head. "If you need help kicking his ass, I would help you."

She laughs. "As much as I hate to admit it, he isn't the worst person to marry."

I grin. "Whenever he talks about you, he's always blushing." I say.

She chuckles. "He always blushes."

I grin at her. Something was going on between the two of them and it was more than just an arranged marriage.