27

TRISTAN

My parents were on their way to spend Christmas with me. I wish I could say I was excited but I'm far from it. Considering most of our family is in England my parents decided to fly out. I wore my nicest suit. I couldn't be bothered for today. I didn't want to go out. I would rather spend today with my real family and that included Olivia.

I walk into my room. My phone buzzed on my nightstand. My brows furrow as I notice the fifteen missed calls from my mum. I hurriedly call her back, "Mum? What happened?"

"He collapsed. Your dad had a heart attack. We're at the hospital you work at. Come quick." I hear her cry from the other end.

Fuck. I quickly head into my car and drive to the hospital. My phone was buzzing again. Fuck. I'm on my way I don't need her to hurry me anymore. I briefly glance at the contact and what makes my heart stop was Daisy's contact blaring on my screen. I quickly answer it. "Daisy," I ask confused.

"Tristan," she whispers, sniffling from the other end.

"What happened? Are you okay? Where's Olivia?" I ask, my pulse racing.

What the fuck is going on?

"She's downstairs with him," she whispers.

"Who?" I ask, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Dad," she replies and my blood turns cold as a murderous sensation washes over me.

"Daisy, what has he done?" I finally grit out.

"She told him to leave and he wouldn't listen and he hit her. He hit her so badly. There were bruises all over her. I would call the police but they won't listen to me. Everyone loves him." she cries. "I didn't know who else to call. Ezra didn't answer his phone and I couldn't tell Alyssa."

My immediate thought was to rush to Arizona. "Daisy I'm-"

My mum's contact blared on my screen as my heart dropped. My dad. What about my dad?

I just acknowledged my options. I either stay here and treat my father who just had a heart attack or I can go to Arizona and save Olivia from her dad.
Fuck. My mouth suddenly dries as I open my mouth.

A second passes. I have to glance at my phone to make sure Daisy was still there.

"I'm on my way now Daisy," I say, turning my car around and heading straight to the airport. "Stay right where you are. I'll be there soon Daisy. Hold on." I say, hoping that my words consoled her.

I don't think I'll be able to make it in time. It'll take ten hours for me to get there by plane. I call Sebastian. I knew he owned a private jet. He brags about it all the time and now I found some use for it

•••

We manage to set off on the jet. I phoned one of the best doctors in London to treat my dad.

"I'm going to kill him," Sebastian growls.

"I'm right there with you on that one," I murmur.

If I see him, I will not be able to control myself and I don't think Sebastian will either.

My phone vibrates on the table. My mom hasn't stopped calling me since she found out I took the jet to Arizona. I reluctantly pick up the phone. "Yes, Mom," I say.

"How dare you?" she shouts.

"Mom." I try to say.

"No. Your father had a heart attack. He needed you and you took a damn jet and left us."