2

OLIVIA

"Tristan." I breathe.

"Tristan?" I hear Daisy repeat confusedly. "Oh Tristan," she repeats with more understanding, her wide eyes snapping to meet mine.

I swallow nervously as I return my gaze to Tristan. I look him up and down, he has changed so much. The five years apart have done him well. His previous short hair was nothing compared to his now overgrown messy hair that sat at the top of his head and his light blue eyes had acquired a certain darkness to them. It was as if his glasses were concealing the darkness in his eyes and I could have sworn he grew a few inches because now I had to bend my neck to look at him.

"Good to see you Olivia," he says, forcing me to meet his amused eyes.

"Good to see you too." I murmur nervously. Why the fuck can't I talk properly? Olivia get a grip.

"You look...well," I say, looking him up and down.

His lips twitch. "Thank you, you too."

I drag my attention back to Daisy, who was sitting on the bench confused. "Daisy, do you remember Tristan? He used to be around when you were little."

She shrugs. "Sort of."

A scoff escapes Tristan's throat and he holds a mocking hand to his chest as if he was offended at Daisy's words. "I'm hurt you don't remember me."

She put her hand up, dismissing his words. "Blame my terrible memory, not me." she says, shrugging.

He chuckles at her words. "Alright, Daisy. We need to get back to Alyssa's apartment, could you possibly walk?"

"Mhm, I'll try." She threw her arm over my shoulder. "Put a bit of pressure on it." when she did, she winced. "I can't."

I placed her back on the bench and ran a hand through my hair. "Of all days, it has to be this one," I mutter to myself.

"I have an idea," Tristan proposes. "I'll bring my car around and you two can get in. I was on my way to their apartment anyway."

I turn to him. "Why were you on the way?" I blurt.

A brow raises. "If I must remind you, we both used to hang out with them. Ezra invited me over."

I'm going to kill Ezra for not warning me. Although, Alyssa has been semi-supportive of me and Tristan's breakup and she has been consoling me at every milestone of the breakup.
Me and Tristan's anniversary.
Prom night.
The day we broke up.
All of it. I couldn't have asked for a better best friend. Ezra on the other hand..he hasn't stopped making digs. Whenever I'm on the phone with Alyssa, I hear him mention Tristan's name loudly or he discloses information about Tristan to Alyssa while in reality, he's directing it to me. You can say Ezra was just as affected as I was over the breakup.

I look down at Daisy hesitantly before swallowing
my nerves. Olivia. You can sit in a car with Tristam for five minutes without it being anything more than a kind gesture. "Okay, thanks." I mumble.

He nods his head and jogs back to his car. I threw Daisy's arm around my shoulder. "Don't put any pressure on it." I advise.

"Sorry, Livvy." she murmurs.

"It's fine, just be careful next time." I whisper.

"In my defence I tripped over a stupid pit in the road." she grumbles angrily.

"I notice that a lot around here." I murmur, looking around at the odd pits in the ground.

She goes quiet for a second. "Is this the first time you've seen Tristan since the breakup?" she suddenly asks.