4

OLIVIA

I have been lying on this couch for over an hour. After Tristan left, I fell asleep. I was only asleep for an hour and then I realised I couldn't sleep on this couch. I look at the clock, which read 5 am. I sigh heavily and snuggle closer into the blanket. I close my eyes tightly, hoping sleep would overtake me but when it didn't. I throw the blanket off my body and sit up.

I walk to Daisy's room to check on her and she was still asleep. The only logical thing I could think of to do was go on a run. Ever since I arrived in London, I haven't been consistent with my working out. I can't easily apply for a gym membership in the area but I hate how chaotic my life is.

I quickly change into a pair of sports leggings and a long-sleeved shirt and tie my shoelaces. I grab my earphones and put on my running playlist. Considering, autumn was creeping. It meant it got lighter a lot later, so it was still dark. I took the elevator to the ground floor. I was looking down at my phone intently, I didn't realise I knocked shoulders with someone. I look up to apologise but I was cut off.

"Where are you going?" Tristan asks, his brows furrowing.

"On a run."

"At this time?" he questions.

"Yes." I breathe. "Now if you'll excuse me." I put my earphones back in my ears and started to walk off but he pulls me back by my wrist.

I look down at the grip on my wrist and forced my eyes to meet his. "You can't go at this time," he mutters.

I pull my wrist back. "Well, I am. I have pepper spray in my pocket."

"Yeah because that will be really helpful." he sarcastically replies. It would. He mumbles something else under his breath. "It would." I shrug.

"Don't be stupid. Give me five minutes and I'll meet you outside. I'll run with you."

"Tristan I don't need you to run with me. I'm capable of going on my own. There is no difference between you and my pepper spray." I say, taking my small bottle of pepper spray out of my pocket.

He scoffs. "Are you seriously comparing me to pepper spray?" he asks, his brows creasing in confusion.

I sheepishly grin at him. "Is that insulting?"

He rolls his eyes. "Give me five minutes."

I open my mouth to protest but he quickly cuts me off. "Olivia don't argue with me on this one. This area of London isn't safe for you to run around in."

"Fine." I huff. He won't give it up but he does have a point. I don't know London that well, and I don't want to get kidnapped. Again.

"Good girl." he mutters. "You can wait in my apartment."

My thoughts raced back to that girl from the other night. I really don't want to see her again. "I'll wait here."

He lazily smirks at me and takes the elevator to his floor. Several minutes later, he came back down. I let out an exasperated sigh. "About time," I say loud enough for him to hear.

He rolls his eyes as he came into view. "I didn't take that long," he mumbles.

I look over his change of clothes. He wore a long-sleeved fitted black shirt and grey shorts. "Take a picture it lasts longer," he smirks at me.

"There's nothing picture worthy," I reply.

His eyes narrow and I walk out of the building. I hear his footsteps behind me. "So you're more familiar with London than I am, lead the way, Tris."