34

TRISTAN

One of the first times, I felt genuine fear in my life was when Olivia got kidnapped or when I watched her home burn into pieces but the feeling that I feel now could be comparable.

Olivia hasn't come home. She left before I even woke up and I have no clue where she went. It's twelve in the morning. She would never go out this late alone.

I pace around Ezra and Alyssa's apartment.

"She'll be fine, right?" I say.

"Yeah." Ezra says, his tone not convinced. He was worried as well.

I run a hand through my hair. "She didn't tell me where she was going. She's been gone since this morning. It's 12 am now." I say.

"Call Sebastian," Ezra advises. "He might know."

I nod my head before immediately dialling Sebastian. He answers on the second ring. "Why are you calling me?" he asks, groggily as if I had just woken him up.

I would have rolled my eyes if I wasn't stressed out. "Have you seen Olivia?" I ask.

"Nope." he says.

"Fuck." I snap.

"Why?" he asks.

"She hasn't been home since this morning. She would never be out without telling anyone."

I hear distant talking in the background. "Ava says she was with her this morning but she looked really distracted."

"Alright thanks." I say, letting out a relieved sigh.

"Call me when you find her." he says and I hang up.

"Ava saw her this morning. No one has seen her since." I repeat what Sebastian told me.

My hands tremble out of nervousness. What if she's hurt? I hear three knocks coming from the front door and I approach the door to open it.

She was there. Staring at the ground.

I sigh out of relief. "Oh my God Olivia." I frantically say.

She doesn't reply. Her movements were sluggish. I move towards her to hug her or even kiss her but the scent of alcohol froze me.

No.

She didn't.

She wouldn't.

"Olivia." I finally manage to whisper.

"Hi Tristan." she says, with a huge drunken smile.

"What did you do?" I whisper, in disbelief.

"Olivia." I hear Daisy call out.

I hide Olivia with my body before looking back and shooting a warning look at Alyssa and Ezra. Alyssa takes the hint and stands up. "Daisy. Come on let's go to your room." she says, softly.

"No. I want to see Olivia." she says, fighting against Alyssa's hold. Ezra instantly stands up. "Daisy. It's for the best. Now go to your room," he demands.