𝟐𝟕. mortal cat-bat

Start from the beginning

After rummaging through the drawers under your TV for a while, you hissed under your breath in glee as you pulled out one of your gaming systems. You hadn't played this game in so long and you couldn't wait to introduce it to the cats!

"Y/N." Breakdown finally spoke up, trailing behind you as you plugged in the small gaming system you held in your hands. "What are you doing? And...what is that?" He beckoned to the black box in your clutches.

"Oh, this?" You glanced down for a split second. "This is my old XBox. I haven't played it since I was a kid!" You squealed excitedly. Despite Breakdown not understanding, he decided to watch and see how things would turn out in silence.

Pressing a few more buttons, your TV turned on, capturing your cat's attention as a dark screen took over. It was the XBox's main PlayStation wallpaper background where it revealed all of your files of games and what-not.

The Decepticat's all began huddling over your sitting form as you sat on the floor with the controller in your hand, curiously zooming over the screen as you carefully chose which game to choose. You finally decided on Mortal Combat and clicked multiplayer, eager to teach your cat-friends.

You spun around with the second controller in your grasp, a toothy grin planted on your face — the one the Decepticat's loved dearly. "So? Anyone up for grabs?"

Breakdown approaches you closely, cocking his head up at the screen. "What is... Mortal Cat-Bat...?"

You immediately began cracking up, your laughter filling the living room as Breakdown playfully glared up at you in awkward confusion.

"It says 'Mortal Combat', not 'Mortal Cat-Bat' you dumb idiot!" Starscream hissed at the wrecker, claws unsheathing as Breakdown winced back in embarrassment. Luckily, Knockout came forward to his save, pushing Starscream away with a firm shoulder.

"Watch it Screamers!" Knockout growled back, causing the two commanders to square one another, making you roll your eyes.

"Mortal Combat is a fighting game between two characters. You control your characters with these two controllers." You beckoned to the two controllers in front of you which immediately grabbed your cat's attention.

"Fascinating." You heard Shockwave whisper behind you as he gently pawed at one of the controllers. He then gazed up at the TV where it showed two characters and a list of other characters to choose from. "But then how did you get the rest of these humans in the screen?"

You sighed regrettably, remembering for the 150th time how many questions Shockwave had asked about your world and what-not. As you began explaining the game and it's rules and 'purpose' as Shockwave would so delicately ask, you finally got to make it to the round one.

Unfortunately for you, it was you vs. Starscream. You recently just found out that Starscream was...well....a rager...

"WHHHAAAAAATT!?" Starscream yelled in fury, pressing the controls with his paws in fury as he desperately fought back to your character. "HOW WAS THAT FIREBALL LEGAL!? THIS IS CHEATING! YOUR CHEATING!!"

You laughed hysterically, eyes filled with tears from laughing so much as you fought back easily, using a few more fireball moves to just make Screamers more mad. "It's apart of my character's special moves! Lighten up—"

"THIS IS CHEATING!! STOP CHEATING! HOW ARE YOU WINNING!? THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!!"

In the background, Knockout and Breakdown were laughing so hard they fell on top of each other, Soundwave was  recording everything and secretly giggling to himself, Shockwave was trying to throw in some advice to Starscream who obviously wasn't listen, and Megatron was grooming himself calmly and glaring at Starscream's screaming figure.