𝟏𝟐. this time, you're not leaving

˗ˏˋ𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋'ˎ˗ ▂▂▂▂ 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚚𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰did you 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖑𝖞 just 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖜 up a 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖑? ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 | ❛ THIS TIME, YOU'RE NOT LEAVING ❜

----------------------

YOU HUMMED SOFTLY as you watched your familiar handwriting signature pop up underneath the ball pen you were using. Writing and reading the last few words on the adoption paper certificate, you finished your signature name with a fancy loop.

Smiling fondly at it, you glanced down to see proud cats looking up at you with the same joy. They seemed to puff their chests out, lift their chins and noses, all while having a some-what human smile. Though it wasn't as human as you thought.

Megatron in particular was glaring at you, though a smug look was on his cat face. His whiskers twitched with amusement.

"Don't look at me like that." You muttered, glancing from them to June who was currently talking to another Nurse. A slow smile grew on your lips as Megatron continued to smirk. "Plus, you all still owe me some Chicken Noodle Soup." Megatron and the rest of your cats purred in agreement.

"Done?" June asked with a bright smile, approaching you with a bag that inside looked to have a binder and a few bottles of cat medicine and body wash, including an injection gun for Shockwave.

"Yup!" You confirmed proudly, showing her the finished paper. You stared at it with pride, knowing that it was a sign- a label- a confirmation that these cats were definitely yours. "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"Me too. I was shocked, and I still am," June admitted shyly, placing the plastic bag on the reception counter. "Cats are a huge responsibility. Especially six of them, plus a bird. Are you sure you're up for this?"

"Positive." You nodded firmly, though it sounded like you were trying to convince yourself. "Though, honestly, I thought I was always a dog person."

As you two shared a small laugh, your gaze finally rested on the bag June had brought with her. June noticed and thought to explain.

"In here you'll find some cat wash for your cats. While most cats clean themselves, I recommend to do it once every few months. There is also some diet catnip in there, as well as some injection medicine and a prescribed injection gun for Shockwave. We usually don't give our tools out willingly, so find yourself lucky."

"Thank you so much!" You took the bag giddily, gripping it tightly along with your many pairs of leashes, and a bird cage. "And how much would the whole checkup cost?"

"Well...about that..." June sheepishly carried her words out, making you worried as you narrowed your eyes at her. "Since we did a check-up involving the x-ray body-scans and the vaccination shots for preventing heartworms; your total was originally going to be 1,340 dollars."

Your eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets at the price, and your knees buckled slightly. Your jaw slackened and a small gasp of disbelief left your parted lips in horror. June chuckled at your expression, slightly amused - all while you were the complete opposite.

1,340 dollars!? Your mind screamed in panic. That's more than my house bills and car funds combined!!

"But~..." you snapped out of your thoughts and paid attention to June once more. "I managed to lower the price a bit - however, it will only stay that way if you update me on how the cats are doing now and then."

You nodded eagerly - perhaps too eagerly. "Yes! Of course!"

June smirked knowingly. "Your total cost now is 430 dollars. Including the injection gun and the followings."

Your jaw slackened again, causing June to laugh. It was a miracle, if not a blessing for a hospital pay to be below 500 dollars - especially in Jasper. While Nevada was a big state, Jasper was a small town with little to almost no jobs. You instantly began refusing, knowing that the employees here in the hospital needed the money more than you did. Though, June was stubborn - sort of like you - and wouldn't take no for an answer.

"I insist!" She absentmindedly began reviewing the filled-in adoption papers. You observed silently that she was putting her foot down on the conversation. "You can call it...a returned favor."

"A returned favor?" You echoed, already digging in your wallet to find a credit card. Glancing at a nearby credit card scanner, you pressed the flimsy material against it and allowed it to beep, watching as the total amount of money showed up on the screen. Oof, you needed a job, and fast. "But I did nothing to deserve this!"

"Perhaps." June hummed, already beginning to walk away. "But maybe in the future I would need a favor. Until then, goodbye, and goodluck!"

You ignored the tone of worry that laced her voice at the end of her sentence, and instead, focused on walking to your car. All while holding all of your things in each hand. Stepping out of the hospital building, you glanced down at your six cats only to find them already staring up at you - including a bird who chirped happily.

You smirked knowingly in surprise, and met each of their gaze with a happy expression. They returned it.

"Let's go home. And this time, you're not leaving." You spoke proudly to them - to all of them - as you headed to your car and drove home. Of course, not without accidentally driving onto the curb a few times now and then.

~ Please vote! More votes mean more chapters!