Chapter Eighteen

You walk into the Avengers HQ, with the others as you hear Rhodey talking to Secretary Ross. 

"My God, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own." You shiver at the mans voice, he was angrier, more bitter than the last time you'd heard him speak. You held your baby close to you, still in his protective bubble around the pappoose.

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here."

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel." Ross fireback at Rhodey. 

"That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that." He refers to his legs, now clad in Stark Tech to help him walk. 

"You have second thoughts?" 

"Not anymore." And on Rhodey's que you all walk in. 

"Mr. Secretary." Steve greets, professional but unfriendly. 

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." 

"You could use some of that right now." Natasha gives him a look. Secretary Ross scoffs.

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... We'll fight you, too." Steve says firmly. Ross looks at you all then at Rhodey. 

"Arrest them, even the baby. I want that thing contained" Your eyes glow and evil red. 

"All over it." Rhodey says before he swipes away the hologram. He looks down "That's a court-martial." He then looks back up with a relieved smile "It's great to see you, Cap."

"You too, Rhodey." You all enter the room. Smiling. 

 "Well. You guys, really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years." 

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam quips. 

"And who's this?" Rhodey walks towards you and the baby, you let the bubble down so he can say hi. 

"Billy." Bucky stands close beside you. Staring and watching Rhodey. "James, you're doing it again." You look at him, with an amused smile. 

"Is he super solider?" You all spin round at the sound of Bruce's voice. "Yeah, I'm back" He waves  and for the record, I think you look great" He says awkwardly. 

"Hi, Bruce."

"Nat."

"This is awkward." Sam winces. 

"Hows the search for Tony going?" You ask Rhodey to clear the air. He shakes his head. "We'll find him." You say with assurance that Rhodey appreciates. 

"So, a debrief then?" You all gather around the conference room to talk.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right? And they can clearly find us. We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asks, in a particular fluster having already met Thanos.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families." Nat explains. 

"Who's Scott?"

"Ant-Man." You reply to Bruce in his confusion, stoking Billys head as he awakes from his nap, looking a little disgruntled. 

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" He looks at you and you give him a shrug, amused "Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the Universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... He gets...Vision's stone." Bruce knocks himself back to the matter at hand.